Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > 12 months in
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
12 months in

It's 12 months and approx 9,000 miles since the SC was acquired for Mrs pld. In fairness, she saw it on the dealership's website and told me to "try and get it"... and 12 months in, the car is in what has been a familiar place, namely the dealership. This time for what I would describe as non scheduled repair work.

Issues with this particular car are well documented on the forum. Fortunately most of the issues have been covered under the LR approved used warranty or via dealership good will. Many thousands of pounds have been spent on the car in the past 12 months and far in excess of any reasonably foreseeable service and maintenance costs for a car of its age and mileage. Without said warranty or good will, it would have been folly to stick with this car.

For all that, after a shocker of a first 5 months ownership with one thing after another needing addressed, issues finally got sorted and the car settled down to give approx 6 months of faultless, thoroughly enjoyable service, so much so, that we didn't even think about whether or not the car was reliable (and that is Mrs pld's definition of a good, reliable car). But for that 6 months of good behaviour, the SC would have been banished by Mrs pld. However, during that 6 months she - I think - appreciated what the car has to offer (being all things to all people) including a very agreeable driving experience.

Before buying this car, someone on another well known RR forum commented that Range Rover ownership becomes a way of life. I thought that was pompous tosh. I think I get the point now though. Not for the faint hearted might be another way to describe it.

The car has had so much replaced and work done on it in the past 12 months (the latest parts replaced last week being the battery - again - and the SC water pump/cabling), the Master Tech at the dealership last week observed what would be the point of changing the car for a newer RR as it "is mint" inside, out and underbody, it's fully serviced and warrantied and we/ they know the car inside and out. What more can it really need doing? Food for thought.

Personally, I wouldn't contemplate buying/having one of these cars without a warranty and a healthy reserve for any unforeseen maintenance but each to their own.

When they're good these cars are brilliant and maybe that's the pull from where the 'stick with it' mentality comes.
One thing is for sure. If it wasn't for this forum, the car would have been long gone.

Every person selling one of these cars, whether a trader or private seller, should be required to put the forum website address on the sales invoice. Perhaps forums do make people paranoid and overly fussy but this forum has been worth it's weight in gold during the past 12 months so long may it continue.

Thanks.
Thumbs Up

Last edited by pld118 on 16th Apr 2014 5:22am. Edited 2 times in total

Post #254503 15th Apr 2014 9:30am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

''appreciated what the car has to offer''

wait till we get some decent snow Ryan then the FF will come into its own.... Wink ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #254504 15th Apr 2014 9:35am
GraemeC

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Zermatt Silver

After all the issues at the start of your ownership, its great to hear the car has been performing faultlessly - well done for sticking with it Thumbs Up 2007 Zermatt Silver TDV8 Vogue SE - now sold but was a great car!

Post #254507 15th Apr 2014 9:54am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

You mean people actually buy them for driving in snow? Whistle Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #254508 15th Apr 2014 10:01am
mzplcg

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey
Re: 12 months in

pld118 wrote:
appreciated what the car has to offer (being all things to all people) including a very agreeable driving experience.

Has to be owned to appreciate. Thumbs Up

pld118 wrote:
Not for the faint hearted might be another way to describe it.

LOL, you ain't a kidding Laughing

pld118 wrote:
The car has had so much replaced and work done on it in the past 12 months (the latest parts replaced last week being the battery - again - and the SC water pump/cabling), the Master Tech at the dealership last week observed what would be the point of changing the car for a newer RR as it "is mint" inside, out and underbody, it's fully serviced and warrantied and we/ they know the car inside and out. What more can it really need doing? Food for thought.

Trigger's broom then Thumbs Up

pld118 wrote:
Every person selling one of these cars, whether a trader or private seller, should be required to put the forum website address on the sales invoice. Perhaps forums do make people paranoid and overly fussy but this forum has been worth it's weight in gold during the past 12 months so long may it continue.

Don't be daft. Prices would go through the roof if the masses discovered all these truths. Wink

Post #254514 15th Apr 2014 10:24am
paul271

Scotland 2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Epsom Green

Not for the faint hearted is definitely true!!!

Post #254538 15th Apr 2014 12:22pm
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black

Wink Doesnt matter what car you buy though, they're all potential liabilities, disappointments and money pits.

My sister has a brand new 3 series, had it 12 months and it's been in the garage as much as the SC.
Thumbs Up

Last edited by pld118 on 15th Apr 2014 9:21pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #254539 15th Apr 2014 12:34pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

double post

Last edited by Dolphinboy on 17th Apr 2014 3:04pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #254572 15th Apr 2014 3:36pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

alanm_3 wrote:
You mean people actually buy them for driving in snow? Whistle

Best way to get to the skiing, be it the alps or the cairngorms! I drove for 11 hours and was as fresh as a daisy afterwards. Went straight out skiing.

Post #254573 15th Apr 2014 3:36pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1