Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Breakdown services
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rambles

2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Breakdown services

So warranty on car expired.....should I renew with AA that provided the LR assist, or RAC or green flag?[/i]

Post #261157 24th May 2014 5:56am
Flashman

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I use Autoaid as recommended on www.Moneysavingexpert.com. Covers the driver, can add a spouse for free. You pay for the recovery and they pay you back. Has lots of good reviews.

http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk/

Before that I used the Green Insurance company also recommended on MSE and I used them a few times with no issues. Tom

Current Drive
2011 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography - Santorini Black - Ivory Leather

Previous Drives
2004 Model Vogue Td6 (Touchscreen) - Java Black - Parchment Leather
1994 RR Classic 3.9 V8 Soft dash - Niagara Grey - Grey Leather
1972 Series III SWB Safari - Green (Hand Painted) - Black Plastic

Last edited by Flashman on 24th May 2014 2:43pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #261181 24th May 2014 10:41am
Prop

United Kingdom 

I use a company called 2gether Insurance at www.motorbrekadownrecovery.com

Used them for 2 years now not needed to call them but from other reviews they seem fine, and there prices are so much better than mainstream. Full cover for my RR with home start etc. comes to just £35.

Post #261186 24th May 2014 11:13am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

be weary of some that offer 'national breakdown cover' as they will only recover and take you to a local garage around where you broke down and not your home address..
i think the AA are one of those that actually recover you to your home.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #261189 24th May 2014 11:37am
Prop

United Kingdom 

Good point Stan,

The 2gether policy does give full national breakdown with onward destination cover, which if needs be will include hire car. train etc.

Post #261194 24th May 2014 12:14pm
billcyn

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Epsom Green

I had to call out 2gether last year due to a flat battery whilst 150 miles from home. Took them
3 hours to respond after promising they would be there in under an hour. Then the breakdown company arrived with a low loader from 24 miles away despite many local recovery garages within 5 miles. Took less than 5 minutes to jump start. No apologies but very quick letter requesting invoice for new battery or they would not respond to similar emergency again. After 2 months and much correspondence, finally got an apology and £20 voucher.
Haven't used them since but not impressed as they don't seem to have any control over who they use or any
savvy about the type of response needed. Maybe I was just unlucky but will not be renewing my cover with them.

Post #261197 24th May 2014 1:39pm
Prop

United Kingdom 

In my experience the majority of break down companies use 3rd party entities to attend breakdowns. The last time I had a flat battery back in 2007, my car was under LR assist and they still sent out a third party local breakdown guy. So it can be very hit and miss depending on location of breakdown etc.

Post #261313 25th May 2014 1:18am
SKOT

England 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bonatti Grey

AA and RAC employ their own Patrols and argue that these guys can fix more at the roadside than the contractor firms who are more likely to employ "drivers" who can only recover you to a local garage where you will incur labour charges. You could argue that on something as complex as a FF any roadside job is going to need to go to a garage though!

Do not automatically assume that AA and RAC include "Home" or "Recovery" - Their lead in chepaer products only cover you when you are 1+ miles from home and then they will only tow you up to 10 miles radius. So if you go this route, check you have recovery, home and onward travel included.

So this works for me...................Nationwide FlexPlus (Joint) Account - with my wife.
For £10 per month we get cover in ANY vehicle in UK & Europe (even as a passenger in someone else's car!) and it includes roadside assistance, full nationwide recovery, home and even a hire car for 48 hours.
You also get bundled travel insurance, mobile phone insurance, identity theft etc.
It's branded Nationwide but is a white labelled product from Britannia Rescue, owned by LV.
Plus it pays 3% interest on the first £2,500 which almost nearly pays the monthly tenner!
I think it's a brilliant deal, it's certainly a no brainer for us...............

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/curre...d-benefits 2006 4.2 SC
2019 Renault Zoe Dynamique Nav

Post #261320 25th May 2014 8:16am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Even though i get free RAC with barclays, i still go for AA cover. And based on my recent experience the cost is justified.

I had a seized rear caliper whilst on holiday at sandringham with the tin tent. The man arrived, on time, within 20mins, stripped both sides down cleaned, filed off loads of rust, and refitted some new pads i has bought, all good. All done on site. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #261322 25th May 2014 8:31am
nicksaab

2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Likewise - I have free AA with Lloyds bank but pay for RAC.

Last year the drive belt went on me - RAC patrol actually had a replacement belt on board and would have fitted had it not been for the Alternator seizing which caused the belt to go.

RAC in the past have had no issue in flatbedding cars from the London area back to my home garage in west wales (2 now in 10 years!) Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE
2021 Ford Ranger Wildtrack
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt 5.0 V8
1993 Defender 90 200TDI Pickup

Gone - not forgotten
2016 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue SE
2012 L322 4.4 Westminster
2004 L322 4.4 V8 Autobiography LE
2000 P38 RR 4.0 HSE (ex Clarkson test car)

Post #261323 25th May 2014 8:54am
Richard

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

I have AutoNational breakdown. I had to have them out for a flat battery last week, they we're here within the hour and we're great on the phone. They're full package which includes homestart was only £60ish. I was really suprised with the service considering how cost affective it was.

Post #261385 25th May 2014 6:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1