Home > My Range Rover > Adriatic blue TD6 HSE ’03
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
sass

Finland 2003 Range Rover HSE Td6 Adriatic Blue
Adriatic blue TD6 HSE ’03

Hello forum members,

I got my first FFRR TD6 HSE MY 2003 (adriatic blue) in early May this year (2014). I sold my first ever car (RRC ’90) in January and had been looking for a suitable L322 since.

The car had 127 000 miles (204 000km) on the odometer when I purchased her. The car was first imported to Estonia from Belgium in June 2013. The odometer reading was recorded to be 123k upon the first registration in Estonia. I am writing this all down as even though I received all the manuals and instructions (in Flemish) in the neat binder, there was absolutely no service history or whatsoever with the car and there was only one worn key. The last record in Belgium is from December 2008 and the plate (I found a small insurance reference card between one of the booklets with the previous plate number on it) had been deleted in 2012. Also the (removed) Nokia hands-free kit was an ancient one.

After comprehensive test driving on different roads and a motocross track (with permission), checking the underneath of the car on a lift, going through the data with Autologic and asking all the possible questions (which popped into my mind) I decided to buy the car as the seller was an independent LR garage and the car had been thoroughly serviced during the past year (new front air springs, front ARB, thermostat, alternator, battery, fixed pixels, Autologic 155kw upgrade, serviced gearbox and a re-shimmed front diff). Also the windows had been tinted, front and rear mudguards, side steps and dog mesh guard had been installed by the garage. The only known problem was with the xenon light ignitor, which didn’t always work on the RH headlight.

I had the front discs and brakes changed (as suggested by the garage), got new Nokian Z SUV’s as summer tires, had anti-corrosion work done on some bits and the rear arches (and placed the liners), had a new key and a replacement service manual ordered from LR by the same garage. They also mounted a new towing point to the rear of the car as the towing bar had been removed at some point.

I have now driven the car for 2k miles and everything works smoothly. I do get the random “HDC inactive” upon ignition and “Check coolant level” after exceeding 60-70mph. The only odd issue I have is with the gearbox (http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic25264.html). I haven’t encountered the same problem again, but the car can be still started with D or R selected. Last weekend I paid a visit to the same garage where from I got the car from and their conclusion was that the box must have been modified that way for an uknown purpose (!). I will have the car serviced by an authorised dealer before autumn, but I think that everything points to the inhibitor switch.

Fixed by me so far:

-Fixed the RH mirror micro switch - mirrors stay now folded
-Replaced the xenon ignitor - a day well spent but no more “check dip beam” error

Post #267373 25th Jun 2014 10:09pm
Joe90

England 

Looks great.

HDC Inactive is a feature rather than a fault! A new or second battery might cure it for a while.

Coolant Level at speed means either a new coolant sensor or new coolant tank, it is the sensor causing the problem, but often just replacing the sensor doesn't fix it. .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #267384 25th Jun 2014 10:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1