Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > FlyEyes Lens Tint Kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
J90

France 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black
FlyEyes Lens Tint Kit

This is my mini review of this product for your consideration and discussion.
Personally if I owned a silver or grey coloured RR I would not consider tinting the front or rear lens because they are aesthetically pleasing to my eyes and blend in nicely with the bodywork on paler colours.

However I own a black RR and I don't like how the rear lens cluster looks like a giant piece of grey plastic tacked on to the rear nearside and offside of the RR.

I've wanted to tint the rear lens for some time but did want to use a spray based product in case it did not dry correctly or ended up 'running' or I sprayed it too dark and could not remove it. The solution I arrived at was to use a vinyl based wrap of some sort which could be removed if I did not like it. However I was concerned that the light output from the rear lights would be severely reduced if the tint was too dark. I sent away for a dark grey tint but on arrival it looked pants and I did not apply it. So I tried this product - FlyEyes.

It's a perforated self adhesive vinyl wrap which comes in several shades of Black, Grey and other colours. The design allows for more light to pass through the tint.
I failed miserably to apply it to the full lens cluster despite stretching it and using a hairdryer to get around the slight curves of the lens cluster. My cack handedness I suppose.

So to date I've only put it on the reversing lights and on the side of the light clusters just to show everyone how it looks.

I will take the tint off the reversing lights because it is already peeling from the edges and because I have not yet upgraded the reversing bulbs.

The tint will stay on the side of the light cluster for now.
Before:-

After:-

However it will all come off eventually to be replaced by a proper full lens tint solution which will tint the rear lenses by about 35%, just enough to take away the stark grey plastic look. I just want the rear lens clusters to blend a bit more into the bodywork and black paint.
The kit cost me £10 inc post & packaging. As I say it may suit some forum members but it's not quite what I'm looking for. Travelling around in circles again.

Post #266616 21st Jun 2014 8:52pm
andy180

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Tints can invalidate insurance as it restricts light output from the tail lamps and if someone hits into the backof you it could be argued that the brake lights were less distinguishable Whistle

Why not fit the 2012 tail lamps which have a black backing? Now: BMW 640d M Sport, Alpine White
Gone: Range Rover 4.4 V8 Vogue, Zambezi Silver, Charcoal Oxford Leather
Also: Mk1 Audi TT 1.8T Quattro, Brilliant Black
[URL=]

Click image to enlarge
[/URL]

Post #266632 21st Jun 2014 9:52pm
J90

France 2006 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

It's all coming off tomorrow, but at £10 it was worth a go.
I'd love 2012 lights but they cost too much for me. I was hoping with the introduction of the L405 the price might have dropped but no such look. Travelling around in circles again.

Post #266639 21st Jun 2014 10:16pm
smartymarti

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

In order to keep these looking good , you need to buy the 3m fly material, also wipe the surface with a soft alcohol wipe then put it on , we fit these at work and have never had issues unless customer stands with hot jet wash too close , have some pics if anyone is interested

Post #268098 30th Jun 2014 8:14am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1