Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > New Power Steering Pump Failure!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
goopta

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver
New Power Steering Pump Failure!

Hello,
Just joined and just aquired an 08 TSV8 on the 19th June.
When I bought the rover it was mentioned by the sales man that it had had recently a new power steering pump fitted he didn't say when just that it had been done.
Well 16 days into ownership I came home after work and as I was reversing off the road onto the shared drive I heard a crack! Parked up got out had a look and couldn't see anything thought it might have been a stone pinged up onto something.
A couple of hours later me and the wife had to go visiting about 8 10 miles one way. On coming bach to the car I noticed a small puddle at the front underneath the car had a look and thought it was aircon condensation.
We drove home and popped into Tesco for some shopping and was about to park and heard that the power steering was making a noise (above the sound of the music) when I put lock into it parked got out and had a nice trail of oil from where I stopped back to the parking space.
As far as I am led to believe the pump was fitted by a non franchise workshop of the dealer, though the dealer in question has the franchise in Aberdeen for Land Rover.
The recovery driver took it back to the Land Rover franchise workshop carpark which was luckily open. Signed the paperwork, keys and paperwork through the post box.
Next day first thing called the salesman where I bought it, told him about it and he said that he wouldv'e preferred that it came back to them. No s**t sherlock.
Anyway a couple of questions for those that may know.
Has anyone heard of this happening before with a new pump?
My warranty that I took out when I bought the car. The salesman said that it would be covered with it for the repair.
I think that this is MY warranty I have paid for and that they shouldn't be using it for a claim on a car that I have had for 16 days and only done 500 miles in since I bought it.
Another thing is when the recovery driver came to collect the car he had to confirm that it would be a warranty item before they would do anything. The option being I would have to pay for the recovery!! Is this common.
Getting a little disgurntled and about point someone in the right direction of what is what.

Post #269329 6th Jul 2014 9:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1