Home > Technical (L322) > Fuel leak
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
markupton30

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black
Fuel leak

Hello all,

This is my first post so apologies if this has been covered before. Just been out in the car and noticed a small amount of smoke from the rear when on the motorway. Pulled over after leaving the motorway and had a look at the car. With the engine running the cause was immediately apparent. Quite fuel leak which had obviously made its way to the exhausts, hence the smoke. Got the car home fortunately as we had not travelled far. Once stopped the leak stops and so I deduced it is an "under pressure leak" .

However, since stopping the engine and cleaning up the drips and having a quick look for the cause the car won't start. Therefore my original deduction could well be wrong. I get the impression the leak is at the engine end of the fuel line due to the fact that there is definitely evidence of diesel in the engine bay and the fuel on the exhaust is I assume caused by movement etc.

Does anyone have any thoughts on initial places to look for something simple? I am mechanically minded but not a mechanic so anything serious will mean the garage on monday.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The car is a 2011 4.4 TDV8

Post #279438 6th Sep 2014 3:09pm
Joe90

England 

If it is not evident on the fuel filter connections / pipes from rear etc, remove engine covers to see what is going on at the fuel rail (assumes this is similar to TD6) .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #279446 6th Sep 2014 4:37pm
markupton30

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

Thanks Joe90 and sorry for the delay. It turned out a high pressure fuel line had come loose. Needed a trip to the garage but an easy fix (for them).

Strange for something like this to have come loose but all sorted now.

Post #280976 14th Sep 2014 8:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1