Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > 2007 TDV8 Vogue SE - lots of questions!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Beau

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue
2007 TDV8 Vogue SE - lots of questions!

I've been on the lookout for a while and when this came up on AT less than an hour's drive away I went straight up to see it.

I wanted SE for the cooled seats - they'll be useful in Italy - and ideally a low-ish mileage - this is 40k. Likely to rack up 20-25k miles a year so the plan is to keep it 2 years by which time it will be average mileage and can then chop it in for a 4.4.

The previous owner had only had it for 3 months - he works at the local dealer and so buys stuff at trade that come in for P/ex - he put a full LR warranty back on it and then was punting it on to make a few quid.

The body and interior are a little unloved but nothing a good detail wouldn't sort - though given it will be used for off roading regularly in Italy I'm in two minds Laughing and will probably depend on the cost - does anyone have a recommendation in Dorset? I've had a quick look on detailingworld but can't find anyone who says they cover Dorset...
The handles are also a bit pitted but I think refinishing those is simple / cost effective?

On the above basis I'm looking for a full set of seat covers. I'm thinking of going with the genuine LR ones although the specific one for these seats with RSE seem tricky to come by online? Any thoughts?

Already on the case with fitting a tow bar and looking for a cycle carrier to go on it - one that I've seen though said "not for use on removable tow-bar" - though I thought they went into the armature rather than mounting on the tow hitch?

Finally - I'd like to add the MANTC underbody protection if I could find it at a reasonable price? Am I right in thinking these are batch produced so it's either a second hand lot or special order?

There are a couple of things that aren't working though they may just need charging:
Spare key won't unlock / lock but starts the engine. Used it for a journey totalling about an hour yesterday - should that have charged it up?
Also the venture cam isn't working - though it was flapped down when I collected it so wouldn't have been charging. Anyone know how long a run it needs to charge?

Thanks all - any advice or pointers towards threads I haven't found gratefully received. Looking forward to increasing my knowledge so I can help others down the line Thumbs Up

Beau

Post #283303 28th Sep 2014 12:11pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Don't think Mantec are making them any more, sets do come up on here and ebay now and again, do they fit your model though??

Door handles are a DIY I did a write up with the best paint colour match I could find, it's in the Wiki

Can't help with the rest I'm afraid Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #283347 28th Sep 2014 4:20pm
fanders

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Autobiography 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

I saw this firm at the CLA game fair, they are currently developing L322 canvas seat covers and the demo set at their stand looked very good indeed, very smart:

http://landroverseatcovers.co.uk

I can't remember the cost but it seemed reasonable, probably worth a look. No affiliation to the seller btw.

fanders

Post #283351 28th Sep 2014 4:44pm
Beau

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Thanks Haylands - I don't know - all the Mantec references seem to be for up to 2005 so maybe not.

Handles - yours look great.

Fanders - seat covers look nice - will give them a call - as with Mantec there are so many versions of seats it will be interesteing to see if they do ones for my specific model!

Great help both Thumbs Up

Post #283384 28th Sep 2014 7:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1