Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Events > Argyll 4x4 Club - Lochgilphead Forest
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Argyll 4x4 Club - Lochgilphead Forest

I'll post this plug here as I know there are FullFatRR members who also have offroad fettled 2nd cars............. but this event isn't really intended for L322 RR's unless their owners are suffering a bout of madness, or you own a G4 Challenge car that you don't mind getting dings and scratches on Mr. Green
On the weekend of September 25/26 the Argyll 4x4 club are having one of the regular meets in the Lochgilphead Forest on the West Coast of Scotland. Forest Enterprise kindly permit us to have use of thousands of acres of working forest, open moorland and mountain sides where the club has recced and constructed numerous offroad special stages suit able for most makes of 4x4/ SUV but particularly suited to Defender type SUV's. This is a working forest, there are overhanging and sticking out branches, some of the special stages do use quarries and deep mud so it is guaranteed that your car will get very dirty and there is likelihood of scratching by fir tree branches and brambles.

Here is a link to the thread on Land Rover Net where there are details of where to join the group each day, start time and location. Bring recovery gear, wet weather gear, suitable ATR or MTR tyres and a picnic - families are especially welcome. Cost is £25 per day, with a reduction if you are doing both days. Proceeds go to the local Childrens Hospice and to other charities nominated by FE.
http://forum.landrovernet.com/showthread.p...mber-25-26

If you would like to come and do both days but don't fancy the drive to and from home each day then there is wild camping permitted in the forest, there is a camping and caravan site at Lochgilphead (11miles from the venue) and we get a reduced rate at the Lochgair Hotel where most of us will stay Friday and Saturday nights. http://www.lochgairhotel.com/ 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 7th Oct 2010 9:07pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #27274 5th Sep 2010 12:53pm
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

On my door step and I sold my Defender a few years ago Banging Head , but I know these forests and its all good challenging fun though. 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #27277 5th Sep 2010 1:28pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

C'est la vie Axle, we've been going up there now for 7 years. If you want to come along on the Saturday and join i me in my 90 then I have an empty front seat and a very uncomfortable rear bench seat too, unfortunately the seats are already taken on the Sunday. There is no problem parking the FFRR at either the Lochgair Hotel or in the forest away from the road. Drop me a PM if you would like to come along. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #27281 5th Sep 2010 2:48pm
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

Very kind but I look after a two year old full time so no pink slip to get away Big Cry have fun. Thumbs Up 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #27287 5th Sep 2010 3:25pm
Tim in Scotland

I don't envy you that job Axle! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #27288 5th Sep 2010 3:29pm
Tim in Scotland

Some videos from the September outing to Argyll, click on the pictiure to start the videos

Spot the RRSport in this one

Climbing to the highest point on the trails

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #31226 8th Oct 2010 1:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1