Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Rate your Dealer
Do these cars sell themselves?
The 'right car' sells itself.
27%
 27%  [6]
If the dealer doesn't prep it right, it stands out like a sore thumb. They don't sell themselves.
4%
 4%  [1]
Main dealers need to get a grip. Not interested after they've got your money.
45%
 45%  [10]
I place a lot of weight on the manner of the sales person.
4%
 4%  [1]
But for the 2 year warranrty, I wouldn't entertain a main dealer.
18%
 18%  [4]
Total Votes: 22

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
pld118

Scotland 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV6 Santorini Black
Rate your Dealer

Do these cars sell themselves or does the dealer have a big part to play?

More thinking about LR franchised dealers due to the premium you pay for the privilege, although could apply to any trader.

In our case, the dealer had to do little. We chanced upon the car and the car sold itself really. Easy sale, no doubt.

Post #336903 11th Jul 2015 6:44pm
pld118

So someone has posted if the dealer doesn't prep it right, it won't sell as they don't sell themselves. How far should the dealer go to eradicate scuffs, scrapes, chips, dinks, imperfections and the like?

ps... not referring to ours, just noting a few miffed members recently posting disappointment at the standard of A.U cars.

Thumbs Up

Post #337002 12th Jul 2015 1:20pm
pld118

I went for option 3, "... Get a grip..." For raisins that include the shocking state that many cars were in on the forecourt; the fact that sales people before and during said viewings of "shockers" assured me that they were 'as good as you will see for this age and mileage'; and because it's completely unprofessional to refer to a potential customer as 'mate', 'my love', 'boss' etc ... Or maybe I need to get a grip Laughing

Thumbs Up

Post #337088 12th Jul 2015 6:41pm
elbitrevnoc

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Buckingham Blue

I went for option 3 as well. Whilst I was pretty happy with the dealer that I bought from in the end, I had some shocking experiences in my recent search. I saw some cars that needed a lot of work to put them in an acceptable state and I'm convinced that many dealers only sort the issues that a buyer spots - sometimes not even that!

I originally put a deposit down on a 3 year old AB with 35k miles on the clock, but, when I went too see it, it was in an awful state. There were bad, through to metal, scratches on several panels, one door card was ruined by what I suspect had been a coffee spillage, as well as having some lumps gouged out in the centre of the card. To complete the package, the parcel shelf was filthy/badly frayed (including loose dirt that showed they hadn't even run a vacuum over it) and there was obvious corrosion in the upper tailgate.

Worst of all was the salesman's total lack of interest once he knew I wasn't simply going to hand over my money. There was no offer at all to try to put any of the issues right and he even went so far as to suggest that I had unrealistic expectations. Needless to say I walked away, but not before assuring him that the car was just about one of the worst examples I'd seen in both this car hunt and my 2 previous LR purchases.

The scary thing is that the car has since disappeared off the website, which I assume means they've managed to sell it. So, yes, I do think they sell themselves to an extent! 2014 3.0 SDV6 Sport HSE Corris Grey with Ebony/Cirrus
GONE - 2012 TdV8 Westminster Orkney/Ivory
GONE - 2012 3.0 SDV6 Sport HSE Luxury Orkney Grey/Ivory
GONE - 2006 3.0 Td6 Vogue SE Buckingham Blue/Parchment

Post #337298 14th Jul 2015 12:18am
Roystonh

United Kingdom 

I would like to know from the LR customer service people who visit this site what their policy is for regular inspections of cars at LR dealers under the Aproved Used scheme and what action they can take against them for failing to meet the standards?

As you may have read I have had several issues with mine but it seems that it was only LR (Black Horse) Finance who were effective in getting the work completed - most of it at their expense (not the dealer).

Surely if there is a scheme, ALL cars sold under the programme MUST be up to standard. This is not good PR for LR at all - hasn't someone at senior level considered this a significant issue to be dealt with? 2005 L322 Vogue Gold gone
2006 L322 Vogue Black gone
2011 L322 Vogue Silver gone
2011 L322 Autobiography Black gone
2015 L405 Autobiography LWB Black gone
2019 L405 P400e Range Rover Autobiography LWB Eiger grey / black roof gone
2001 P38a 30th Anniversary Wimbledon Green gone
2019 L405 P525 Autobiography LWB British Racing Green

Post #337314 14th Jul 2015 9:29am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1