Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Almond / Espresso Interior Question.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Mavromatis

United States 
Almond / Espresso Interior Question.

Hi!

My L322 lease is up and I'm looking at ordering a new U.S. spec TD6 in Corris Grey. I currently have a 2012 Santorini/Black/Sand combo with black headliner -- really like it. However, the new L405 comes in Espresso / Almond and lighter headliner. I've always liked the lighter interior -- I feel ebony / ebony looses the details of the cabin finishes.

Now for my questions...

- does the espresso / almond interior come with a black leather steering wheel or a espresso leather wrap on the steering wheel? If black, does it look good?
- It seems going with the wood wheel defeats the purpose of the heated aspect and seems like it would be uncomfortable. What do you think?

Would love to hear your thoughts?

Post #351144 8th Oct 2015 3:07am
Pixelpower

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Santorini Black

Not a fan of black on black either. In the UK, you get a black steering wheel, which looks good. Autobiography spec gets a wooden component to the steering wheel, which I'm also not a fan of. I believe the 'wooden' looking bit does heat up though.

Post #351148 8th Oct 2015 6:28am
NormanP

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Aintree Green

Not just on AB. It's an option on all the models to select "Heated Wood and Leather Steering Wheel (with multi-functional controls)"; currently £465 extra in UK. If you do that and you have selected the Almond/Espresso or similar combo you will get a steering wheel with an Almond centre boss, wooden top and bottom segments, and Espresso "3 o'clock" and "9 o'clock" segments; i.e. the wheel rim leather part is same as the seat/dashtop colour. Espresso is very dark but still subtly different to black; it looks good especially with the wooden finishers selected (burr walnut option also looks better but is extra cost again). If you choose these on the LR Configurator you should be able to see all this. The heated portion of the wheel is where the leather is, which is where you hands are, and it is very effective. I'd go for it, I have the Ivory/Espresso/burr walnut done like this on a Vogue, and I think it looks superb. I would definitely do the same again. Norman

Current LR: L405 Vogue TDV6 (MY 2014) Aintree Green/ Ivory interior
Past LR: L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 (2002); Discovery series1 V8 (1995)

Post #351150 8th Oct 2015 6:46am
Nick Ground

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

One thing to note is that the two styles of wheel are different thickness. The standard leather wheel is significantly thinner than the wooden. I'm not a fan of the wooden wheel looks but have come to prefer the size (I do have massive hands).

Nick 2019 D5 HSE Lux SDV6 Indus
55 D3 SE
98 MX5 1.8 RS
gone 17 older variants of FFRR

Post #351153 8th Oct 2015 6:55am
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

You know what they say about a man with “massive hands” Nick...
Massive Gloves Shocked Laughing

Post #351156 8th Oct 2015 7:05am
dfulgo

Italy 

...for all three...

Laughing

Post #351190 8th Oct 2015 10:10am
johnson1

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

The wooden part is also heated FYI...

Post #351214 8th Oct 2015 11:40am
Mavromatis

United States 

NormanP wrote:
Not just on AB. It's an option on all the models to select "Heated Wood and Leather Steering Wheel (with multi-functional controls)"; currently £465 extra in UK. If you do that and you have selected the Almond/Espresso or similar combo you will get a steering wheel with an Almond centre boss, wooden top and bottom segments, and Espresso "3 o'clock" and "9 o'clock" segments; i.e. the wheel rim leather part is same as the seat/dashtop colour. Espresso is very dark but still subtly different to black; it looks good especially with the wooden finishers selected (burr walnut option also looks better but is extra cost again). If you choose these on the LR Configurator you should be able to see all this. The heated portion of the wheel is where the leather is, which is where you hands are, and it is very effective. I'd go for it, I have the Ivory/Espresso/burr walnut done like this on a Vogue, and I think it looks superb. I would definitely do the same again.

How does the standard steering wheel thickness compare to the 2012 L322? Do you know if they are are similar? I'll head over to the dealer to compare as well...

Post #351241 8th Oct 2015 2:57pm
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

The standard L405 steering wheel is narrower than the L322 which is why I went for the leather and wood version. It feels a bit special too IMHO.

The lighter versus the ebony interior is a personal preference. I wouldn't buy anything with a brown interior and the lighter leather marks too easily. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #351305 8th Oct 2015 9:42pm
Mavromatis

United States 

I placed an order for a 2016 SE TD6 in Corris Grey. I have a week to change the interior options and need your help. I really do like the Espresso/Almond combo with the Corris, but I think the steering wheel will look weird if it's black leather wrapped. Why isn't it wrapped in espresso? Perhaps, I'm over thinking it -- as I will have the black rubber mats that will balance everything out.

I think the Ebony/Ebony interior is too blah and doesn't showcase the cabin and makes the it pretty dark (live in Seattle, Washington where it Rains and is overcast in the Winter)

Do you think the Cirrus/Ebony is better?

I do like the black carpets and black headliner but the lighter grey seats worry me. The almond (I have "sand" now) hasn't been an issue for me as I do clean them every so often.

Post #351632 11th Oct 2015 4:25am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Im a big fan of light interiors as they make the car feel airy / roomy and I like that. Same reason I don't have tanned windows on the current one. So I would suggest the lightest one and if that means cleaning to keep it nice than so be it Smile

You will be driving in the nice light, roomy feeling interior every single time and the cleaning is only once in a while Smile MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #351633 11th Oct 2015 4:42am
NormanP

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Aintree Green

Mavromatis wrote:
... I think the steering wheel will look weird if it's black leather wrapped. Why isn't it wrapped in espresso?

As I posted above: with the wood options I noted, it will be wrapped in Espresso i.e. the wheel rim leather part is same as the seat/dashtop colour. At least it is on my car! Norman

Current LR: L405 Vogue TDV6 (MY 2014) Aintree Green/ Ivory interior
Past LR: L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 (2002); Discovery series1 V8 (1995)

Post #351636 11th Oct 2015 6:04am
Pixelpower

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Santorini Black

I have Cirrus/Ebony and love it. Keeping it clean isn't an issue, cleans easy with a damp cloth It make the interior feel light and airy.

Post #351642 11th Oct 2015 9:18am
Mavromatis

United States 

NormanP wrote:
Mavromatis wrote:
... I think the steering wheel will look weird if it's black leather wrapped. Why isn't it wrapped in espresso?

As I posted above: with the wood options I noted, it will be wrapped in Espresso i.e. the wheel rim leather part is same as the seat/dashtop colour. At least it is on my car!

I found this photo from a U.S. dealer (and reading the UK site) that the steering wheel is wrapped in the same material as the seats/dash. In this case, espresso. I'm going to verify with my dealer as well...

Post #351702 11th Oct 2015 4:26pm
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

Mav,
Looking at the three photos you posted, I don't really think there's a bad choice. They all look very nice.

Post #351729 11th Oct 2015 7:19pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>