Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > Lookers Battersea
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Greg66

2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Santorini Black
Lookers Battersea

Despite Lookers being our closest dealership of any flavor, I've always used JLC in Herne Hill, who have been excellent.

Last week a van driver managed to destroy our near side wing mirror while our car was parked and unattended parked on the street. To his credit the driver left his insurance details.

So Mrs 66 9it's her car really) went to Lookers to get a quote for the work, simply because it was closest and most convenient.

Error.

They looked over the car, said they'd order the parts, and booked it in for a week later. I take it down on the day. They have a record of what's to be done, I sign the paperwork an head off to work.

Two hours later the phone rings. I am told that the parts aren't in because I haven't paid for them. Err, no, that's not how this works. Moreover you booked the car in and said you'd have the parts in to do the work. Flat denial.

Ring off, speak to Mrs 66, get the name of the person she spoke to. Ring them. They sound surprised to hear what I've been told. Put me on hold, come back to say there has been "confusion" - the parts should have been ordered but haven't been. Sigh. Agree that they can hold the car overnight and order the parts.

Next day I get a call. The work has been done. But. The but is that none of the electrics work in the wing mirror - mirror adjustment or folding in. That will take a couple of hours to diagnose. That will mean keeping it over the weekend. No thanks.

It gets delivered back while I am out. Problems:
- shut the door and the glass falls out.
- the exterior trim that fixes the mirror to the door is loose. The whole wing mirro assembly wobbles.
- the interior trim is loose. It hasn't been refined properly.
- the interior trim is filthy - covered in dark finger marks.
And as expected the motors are all non functional. Except when I tell Mrs 66 this, she tells me that they were all working when she went down for a quote, and the garage tested them all in front of her.

By this time is is five to seven on a Friday evening. I am stewing quietly. Saturday morning, which was to have been spent watching Aus v Eng and NZ v Wales has just been properly screwed up. Grr. Range Rover 4.2 SC
AM V12VS
Mini JCW conv

Post #391101 10th Jun 2016 7:50pm
Giantlandyman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

I made serious enquiries about buying our first RR from them, a used 2012 Vogue SE. I ended my enquiries abruptly when on pointing out the service was overdue, all four wheels were noticeably kerbed and there was accident damage on three corners as well as interior looking like several child's parties had been held in it, the salesman said I would have to pay for servicing and all repairs but they would valet it for me.

He called back two days later and said if I was still interested, they would do all the work.

My response was, thank you but no; I don't deal with chancers or the inept and he had to be one or the other.......I was fully aware of LR Used Vehicle Policy before making the enquiry.

Post #391143 10th Jun 2016 10:20pm
Greg66

2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Santorini Black

Ok. Balance where it is due.

I was at the dealership at 8.00. Showed the guy I had dealt with the loose exterior and interior trim. He looked shocked. Closed the door and the mirror glass fell out again. His jaw hit the floor. Stepped up and said they would fix it properly that morning and deliver it back to me.

Got home by 8.30 to see the kick off. Car has just come back (11.30) and it's been done properly. And the motors all work properly - so it was just not properly installed first time round.

So problem sorted, albeit a problem which ought not to have arisen in the first place. Range Rover 4.2 SC
AM V12VS
Mini JCW conv

Post #391213 11th Jun 2016 11:39am
nigelt28

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

I have used Lookers for years until a terrible customer service experience last year. I shall never go back. I also don't fancy waiting 3 weeks to book my car in for a minor repair.

I now use RR London in Battersea who have been utterly brilliant. They have made several warranty claims on my behalf without any queries whatsoever - the last being new steering rack due to hydraulic oil leak - and Ross there certainly knows his Range Rovers.

Would recommend 100%

Post #395002 8th Jul 2016 11:11am
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Pretty much all my bad experience over the years has been down to inept individuals, BUT in every case when raised its been sorted. Yes - it shouldn't happen but the quality of an organisation rather than an individual is measured by if it happens how quick it is sorted.

Obviously there are cases, and I've seem some on here, where actually poor customer service is systemic within an organisation these places are best avoided. Geoff

Post #395014 8th Jul 2016 12:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1