Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Installing a Bluetooth kit..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Andy

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Installing a Bluetooth kit..

I have a Nokia CK-1W car kit which I'd like to fit into the RR. Can anyone advise on the most accessible 12v supply to power the unit up?

Also, I need to conceal the unit - was thinking of putting it behind the glovebox out of sight. Does the glovebox come out easily? I thought i'd ask here, rather than blindly start unscrewing things! 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #4150 24th Mar 2009 1:09pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Apart from the 12v supply on the centre console what about either wiring up the one that is in the cetre armrest or connecting it to the 12v supply in the boot .

Tried to google a pic of the nokia kit to see what it looks like only coming back with a disc type button

Post #4152 24th Mar 2009 1:28pm
Andy

That's the one. The button is a rotary control and the only thing on display. Works well, but there's no display, so you have to look at the phone to see who's calling. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #4205 26th Mar 2009 12:18pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

noddy wrote:
That's the one. The button is a rotary control and the only thing on display. Works well, but there's no display, so you have to look at the phone to see who's calling.

Doesn't that almost make it non hands free then? Or is the phone in a cradle in front of the driver? Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #4207 26th Mar 2009 12:38pm
Andy

It's literally just an on/off button with a rotary volume. Theres no display, so you are reliant on looking at the phone screen to see who's calling. With a simple cradle, you could do this.

I just leave my phone in the centre console storage box under the lid, or I prop it up in front of the gear lever in that square recess.

I personally like it as it's simple. I don't do much calling on the move- it's just in case someone calls me. The other thing i like is that only the little controller is on display:
 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #4208 26th Mar 2009 1:05pm
Larry

England 2006 Range Rover SE Td6 Java Black

Isn't that the kit that had an optional display screen (little blue one), or was that a different kit?

Are you running it through the car speakers (with a mute lead) or a separate speaker? I have fitted these type of kits to other cars and either had a breakout lead to fit the speaker plug on the stereo (if you're lucky it's an ISO fitting) and a separate mute lead (if the stereo supported that feature) or the leads that switch between the phone kit input and stereo output (priority to phone). Don't know what the setup is with the FFRR.

Being able to automatically mute the radio/CD when taking or making a call is a very good feature.

Have seen the button controller hidden away under the dash and on the underside of the steering column on other fitments. Good bit of kit.

Post #4211 26th Mar 2009 1:47pm
Andy

It's currently in my Golf and that mutes the radio when the phone rings.

I would like this to work through the RR speakers if poss, and mute the radio. Not sure if this is possible though as there is no Head Unit as such? 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #4212 26th Mar 2009 2:23pm
Larry

England 2006 Range Rover SE Td6 Java Black

If you can identify the speaker leads (never delved into the inards if the RR to give you anything more specific I'm afraid), a telemute lead may work:

Telemute lead

A previous car I had was OEM pre-wired for a generic telephone kit (ie. ISO connector for speakers and mute + power supply etc.), it just wasn't fitted. Maybe someone else knows if this is the case with RR, it would certainly make your life easier!

Download the Cellular Database from the same site. It may give you some better idea of what you need depending on your vehicles setup (ie. Nav etc)

Post #4223 26th Mar 2009 4:42pm
Andy

The Nokia unit comes with a mute lead. Just need to identify which cable on the car I need to tap into. 2010 MY Vogue SE TDV8 3.6 Stornoway Grey- fully loaded

Post #4298 29th Mar 2009 6:38pm
ambishop

2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Chawton White

Here is it fully integrated into the BMW based RR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il0S9qEQ03A

Post #4543 5th Apr 2009 12:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1