Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > MY infotainment (and electrical) woes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
adamfawsitt

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey
MY infotainment (and electrical) woes

I have had 14 separate issues with my less than 3 month old MY17 car. The supplying dealer had the car for several days updating all modules to the latest software versions and I have had less faults since but am unable to log the car into my Incontrol profile receiving the error "Sorry there was a problem on our end. Please sign in later.".

Has anyone else had difficulty with their MY17 car failing to log into Incontrol?

I am a technology guy so have properly tested connectivity via WiFi and onboard SIM - the issue is definitely at LR's end I think.

I am getting close to rejection....

Post #460192 10th Dec 2017 11:36am
Fat Wolfie

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Sorry to hear of your problems.

I ended up in effect rejecting my MY 2017 for a catalogue of infotainment faults, including the one you refer to. They did eventually fix that one, it took from July (when I bought the car) to October to have Live Services working. The error message you Report is one that I got too, but only after the entire module had been replaced...before then, it just wouldn’t connect at all but just said “live services unavailable “. So it swapped one fault for another.

By the time it had been back 9 times I got fed up, still had sat nav randomly going into night mode, cameras that work if they wanted to, and park sensor controls that could see the spirit world - well the certainly could see things that I couldn’t!

But even after these woes I ordered a new one....hope that the 2018 dual screen unit is more reliable!

My dealer was however superb throughout and I had no hesitation in using them for my new order.

Post #460239 10th Dec 2017 4:39pm
adamfawsitt

Thanks for your reply and sorry to hear that you had so many problems.

My MY18 been on order for some time and the dealer has to date been good so hopefully they will fix or take the car back - will let you know...

Post #460252 10th Dec 2017 5:59pm
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Adam,
still not good they haven't sorted out the issues with this system, it comes across as so inconsistent from car to car.
Like you i do hope my new MY18 has no issues like this, otherwise i fear it will be my last RR.
Roll on 15th December, this is when mine is planned to be built delivered on 3rd January.

Post #460289 11th Dec 2017 8:13am
adamfawsitt

Thanks for your kind words.

WOW you have an early car - mine due Feb 26th!

Post #460403 11th Dec 2017 7:05pm
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Adam,
That what is says on the planner but I ain't holding my breath.
Lol

Post #460404 11th Dec 2017 7:08pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account

Hi Fat Wolfie,

I am sorry to learn of your comments on the thread.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to PM me and I will provide further assistance where possible.

Thanks, Stacie

Fat Wolfie wrote:
Sorry to hear of your problems.

I ended up in effect rejecting my MY 2017 for a catalogue of infotainment faults, including the one you refer to. They did eventually fix that one, it took from July (when I bought the car) to October to have Live Services working. The error message you Report is one that I got too, but only after the entire module had been replaced...before then, it just wouldn’t connect at all but just said “live services unavailable “. So it swapped one fault for another.

By the time it had been back 9 times I got fed up, still had sat nav randomly going into night mode, cameras that work if they wanted to, and park sensor controls that could see the spirit world - well the certainly could see things that I couldn’t!

But even after these woes I ordered a new one....hope that the 2018 dual screen unit is more reliable!

My dealer was however superb throughout and I had no hesitation in using them for my new order.
 Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #460705 13th Dec 2017 11:17am
Fat Wolfie

^^^^^^^Many thanks for the kind offer.

As far as I’m concerned my dealer has come up trumps here, they tried to fix the car but ultimately were very receptive to (in effect) rejection of the car.

They were prepared to source another equivalent 2017 MY car as a straight swap. However I’d lost faith in the 2017 cars and so a deal was struck with which both sides were happy for a 2018 car.

Meantime they’re providing me with a courtesy car until the new one arrives, currently they guesstimate March.

For information the dealer involved is Farnells of Bradford. Would recommend them to anyone...

Post #460712 13th Dec 2017 12:08pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Seem to be a ridiculous number of cars being rejected because of infotainment issues - how difficult can it be?

Post #460729 13th Dec 2017 1:47pm
Fat Wolfie

In view of @Trommel post, I’ve set up a poll (405 General area) to try to see how widespread the issue is....

Post #460733 13th Dec 2017 2:17pm
CRC@LandRover
Verified Account

Hi Fat Wolfie,

Thank you for your reply.

I am pleased to learn that your concerns are being rectified by Farnell Land Rover Bradford.

If there is anything further I can assist you with please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks, Stacie

Fat Wolfie wrote:
^^^^^^^Many thanks for the kind offer.

As far as I’m concerned my dealer has come up trumps here, they tried to fix the car but ultimately were very receptive to (in effect) rejection of the car.

They were prepared to source another equivalent 2017 MY car as a straight swap. However I’d lost faith in the 2017 cars and so a deal was struck with which both sides were happy for a 2018 car.

Meantime they’re providing me with a courtesy car until the new one arrives, currently they guesstimate March.

For information the dealer involved is Farnells of Bradford. Would recommend them to anyone...
 Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.

Post #460921 15th Dec 2017 9:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1