Home > In Car Electronics (L405) > Infotainment issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RRTIM

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Causeway Grey
Infotainment issues

Well I'm quickly getting a bit fed up with our 2017 MY Vogue V8

Since delivery, the infotainment system has not worked correctly. We can sometimes connect the phone via Bluetooth, but we constantly have problems connecting the phone with a cable--it just doesn't recognise the phone or play the music, but sometimes it does!

We've had a recall notice about the dash display going blank, but we called the dealer yesterday and they tell us there is no software available to fix the issue!

Coupled to this, a distinct knocking has materialised from the front suspension.

Also the boot has a mind of its own, it works sometimes but not others!

If we could get out of this car we would, but I know we'd do our brains financially. I wish to goodness we had kept our 2014 car, as we had virtually no issues with that! 2017 Range Rover SDV8 Vogue SE
2018 Audi RS6
2018 VW Amarok V6 255

Post #464901 17th Jan 2018 3:54pm
Fat Wolfie

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Regrettably there are quite a lot of posts on this, culminating in a number of people (me included) rejecting/agreeing a way forward with the dealer...

I found my infotainment problem really took the edge off the car (which otherwise I loved), and when the dealer offered to change my 2017 for another, I didn’t want to.

Instead I ordered a 2018 with the new system, costing me more money too. Only now I’ve seen on the Velar forum that the Velar also has infotainment issues, a real concern as AFIK its the same system on the 2018 car. I am currently considering cancelling my order..but can’t find anything else I fancy instead.

But I’m sure that the vast majority of 17 cars and Velars are fine, it’s just that people don’t tend to post if there’s nothing to report.

It MIGHT be worth a discussion with your dealer, especially if you point him to the numerous threads on here. Or getting in touch with JLR customer services for a meaningful discussion.

Post #464905 17th Jan 2018 4:32pm
Lonfred

Spain 2017 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Same situation with my MY17 as Fat Wolfie, waiting for my new MY18. My dealer has tried to switch the main computer 3 times in the MY17 with no result. Landrover should consider to add a reboot button until everything works properly so that you can restart your system without leaving the car. Its really frustration. My wifes Infotainment system in her Mini copper works great and that is an car 1/5 of the price of mine. Landrover should also consider to add Apple Carplay so that they could get proper help from Apple to connect the IPhone to their system. These faulty infotainment system must cost a fortune for Landrover, take a look in the Velar forum, instead of having problem with one screen like us they now have two screens that freeze, reboot and are faulty... Come on Landrover how hard could it be to solve this and until it is solved please add an reboot button on the screen.

Post #464921 17th Jan 2018 6:24pm
RRTIM

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Causeway Grey

Does anybody know a way that you can reboot the system yourself... 2017 Range Rover SDV8 Vogue SE
2018 Audi RS6
2018 VW Amarok V6 255

Post #468290 12th Feb 2018 3:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1