Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Wading
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
colinwebster

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
Wading

Im new to the L322, please share your experiences in Wading, how deep have you gone, any issues, does the cabin leak etc??

Dying to try it out !!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Post #465763 23rd Jan 2018 9:36pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Range Rover Classic in 1992 - I stupidly drove through a lake in my younger years - the bow wave had water coming over the front bonnet edge. Absolutely no issues at all apart from she started to float and lose traction - she drove out but I was left with both headlights full of water. I had to remove the headlights and dry them in the AGA.

She was a standard 12 month old 1991 MY RR Vogue with the 2.5 VM engine, running on 225 BFG Track Edge tyres

More recently my last RR L322 on a shoot - drove through flood water which came to the top of the wheel arches on high setting - no leaks and no issues at all. I have a video somewhere. Not tried the L405. 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #465768 23rd Jan 2018 10:02pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

I once drove a new P38 vogue through a 100m flooded tank ditch with resting water level at the top of the bonnet and as we made “positive” (rapid) progress through the 100m or so, the wave came up over the roof! Never let a drop in, even at the doors! The LR man was furious and threatened to take the car off us. The next time round, he had stalled in the same ditch and flooded the engine. We all four of us drove past him at speed swamping him with our wake. Rolling with laughter

Seriously these thing can go through a lot more than is realised. Just be sensible and make sure you make “positive”progress. Thumbs Up

Post #465779 23rd Jan 2018 10:48pm
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

If you want a risk free introduction to it, you could visit a LR Experience which should include some.

Elsewhere measure 70cm on the car and see where that comes to, bearing in mind that a pothole, dip in the road etc could suddenly lower a corner. My rule of thumb is that if I can wade through in wellingtons there won't be a problem. After that ask whether it is easier to find an alternative route. Watch out for fords on rivers, the current makes a big difference, it can push on the side of the car and deflect you from your route, not ideal if the exit on the other side is narrow. On a ford I use occasionally someone delivering a new stock trailer towed behind a van made the wrong call and got washed downstream and wedged under a footbridge. Embarrassing and costly. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #465840 24th Jan 2018 12:46pm
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Cairns Blue

This was from one of the members here..

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic23640....p;start=15

Post #465849 24th Jan 2018 2:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1