Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Adding a hitch to a 2012 5.0 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
thrillcat

United States 2012 Range Rover HSE 5.0 V8 Santorini Black
Adding a hitch to a 2012 5.0 HSE

Hey guys...

So, I bought this vehicle last winter and didn't even look or notice that there was no hitch receiver. Lame. I figured it would be stock, but alas, it wasn't. And I didn't feel like paying LR $1k to have one installed. In fact, I didn't even feel like paying $500 for the hitch and installing it myself.

So I did some research. Found the factory Westfalia part number (323 067 600 001) and set up an eBay saved search.

Before long, one popped up for $150 with free shipping. That's what I'm talking about. I examined it. It said it was off an older model LR, but still an L322. Then I noticed that, while the Westfalia part number was the same, the LR part number was slightly updated. I went for it anyway.

This past weekend I finally got around to installing it. Thought I'd share my findings.

First off, everything lined up perfectly. We used a floor jack to hold up the muffler during the process, because it hangs from the two pieces you'll need to remove to put the receiver on.

However, while the Westfalia instructions showed it bolting on from the outside, the RR itself required it to be bolted from the inside. So I had to remove a few pieces of the boot floor, which is pretty simple. No big deal.

The other thing you'll find is that the pieces you remove have L-brackets that drop down for the muffler to mount to on each side. These are not included with the older hitch, and will need to be removed from the pieces you remove and used. It wasn't hard to grind through the weld and remove them, just know you're going to need a way to cut through the weld.

Other than those two things, there were no real surprises, and altogether it took about 90 minutes for two of us.

2012 L322 5.0l NA
Santorini Black / Sand

Post #480305 6th Jun 2018 8:23pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Always good to get a bargain Thumbs Up

Post #480308 6th Jun 2018 8:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1