Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Virgin media + Sky Qs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
andygts

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
Virgin media + Sky Qs

As most of you have seen in the news VM have really Censored customers off by ditching UKTV and replacing them with utter garbage, although most UKTV channels are free and available on freeview I no longer have an arial, but even that won't bring back Delboy and Rodney as they are on GOLD Evil or Very Mad

I'm giving it a few days to see if there is a deal struck between VM and UKTV but it's starting to look unlikely so I'm thinking about cancelling, apparently they are letting customers out of contract due to the loss of channels.

I've been looking into having Sky TV installed and use Vodafone for the broadband. Question is, do the Sky cinema channels have adverts during the films? If not then then I'll have them added on. Current
2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo
+ Many other non LR products

Post #484268 24th Jul 2018 9:15pm
Rob99

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Sky cinema does not have adverts during films Thumbs Up 2017 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography
2012 4.4 TDV8 Westminster - Gone, but not forgotten

Post #484269 24th Jul 2018 9:35pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

I had VM TV 4 years ago, for a nice price, but my wife refused to renew due to the poor performance of the set top box (very laggy) and the relatively poor user interface design. So we went back to Sky HD. She is happy. I am interested in Sky Q but I don't think there is enough 4K content yet for my liking, plus the price is just getting ridiculous - very poor value for a family who hardly watches Sky TV using predominantly streamed content which makes me grumpy.

I heard a rumour that Sky may offer an Internet streaming package, and that would interest me since I have very very fast internet (thank you VM!) and the top of my property is like 6m off the ground, so a real faff refitting the dish and cabling. But no news of it yet.

I salute Sky for not showing adverts during their channels movies or the action in a major sporting event (e.g. an F1 race is not interrupted). The UI keeps evolving and I think it's well designed. Their boxes have the right technology and channel selection is good. So a reluctant thumbs up for Sky (not worthy of an emoticon, though) because Sky Q with UHD is the daddy of TV subscriptions in the UK for now.

Finally, if you don't need full HD then a Sky Movies package on NOW TV works really well. It's 720P only, but streams on demand through a set top box gizmo. A good complement to Amazon Prime video, for example, if you're into movies.

Post #484298 25th Jul 2018 9:25am
kds2

England 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

A sky dish will work on the ground as long as it is pointing in the right direction no need to be up high.

Post #484341 26th Jul 2018 12:05am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Sky are also looking to roll out their service via broadband, so no dish required. Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #484359 26th Jul 2018 8:58am
Bill

United Kingdom 

kds2 wrote:
A sky dish will work on the ground as long as it is pointing in the right direction no need to be up high.

Free sat has slightly different programs to free serve. Has HD , look at humax as an example. Why pay for TV?
As for adverts in films. Fast forward!

My sat dishes are 8 feet off the ground Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #484515 28th Jul 2018 12:07pm
kds2

England 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Yes I know, I have a Humax freesat hd box hooked up to the freeview hd smart tv I have in the kitchen, set it up few years ago when I found out the red button service on freesat bbc gave you about six viewing options instead of just the one on freeview this was at the time when the beeb were still covering F1, on practice days you had the choice of in car shots or cameras round the track same with the tennis a choice of games not just one but not long after I set it all up bbc lost F1 and the tennis went back to just one option Crying or Very sad

Post #484584 29th Jul 2018 12:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1