Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Central Locking and Glove Box problem!! ( L322, Tdv8, 2007 )
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Videoman1959

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE Td6 Zermatt Silver
Central Locking and Glove Box problem!! ( L322, Tdv8, 2007 )

Hi Everybody!
I am really losing faith in Range Rovers... every little change results in so many electronic problems!!
So! I was attempting to sort out my rear camera and left doors open. That leads to low battery ( due to interior lights being on ) , therefore it didn't start, so I had to charge it up.
The car started eventually... but the key fobs ( spare and regular ) would not lock or open the car with the remote. They do open it manually. Consequently I have tried the 'key fob re-set procedure' many times without success. Sad
I then thought it maybe a fuse and attempted to open the bottom glove box.... Narghhhh! That wouldn't open up !! The top button doesn't open the top box either. I started up the engine, still no luck with the glove box.
For some unknown reason, when I turn the ignition on the steering wheel 'heads-south' towards my knees! This is NOT my memorised seat/wheel position! I manually have to lift up the steering wheel to the correct height. When I turn off the engine and take the key out of the ignition the steering wheel riser-arm CONTINUES to 'whir' as it tries to rise the wheel higher - WITHOUT the key being in the ignition !!
All other electrics appear to work when the engine is running, windows, side mirrors, heated seats, blower, etc.
The battery tests at 12.25 on my multimeter.
I am seriously considering ( the wife says IT'S GOING !!! ) selling this lovely looking/driving car because of all of the wasteful add-ons that it has and problems associated with those add-ons!
HELP me to ease my brain-pain please
Cheers! 'Knowledge Is Power'

Post #487191 26th Aug 2018 5:24pm
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

that is not a good battery reading by the way.....

disable the interior lights by pressing and holding the ceiling light button until the lights flash twice when doing stuff in the car.

Check your voltage at the battery with the car running just to be on the safe side, and make sure that your alternator isn't playing up.

in terms of the glove box locking that locks and unlocks with the central locking, so if that isn't working at the moment then the glove hole isn't unlocking itself. Thumbs Up

Ive had the keys lose comms before and it can be frustrating. Try a battery disconnect and reset, have a search for the instructions, and this may help.

If not then try resetting the keys.

in terms of the position of the steering wheel and seats, these have probably been lost with the flat battery... There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #487193 26th Aug 2018 5:31pm
Videoman1959

That sounds as if it could be a spot-on diagnosis, NorthernMonkey.
I do have the 'battery disconnect ' routine up on my laptop right now actually, cheers.
What should the battery reading be when the engine is running please?
Thanks again.
I will have ago at the battery disconnect now... i think , if it stops raining....
Cheers 'Knowledge Is Power'

Post #487200 26th Aug 2018 5:57pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Can you explain a little more about your doors locking issue? As this could easily be the route of your issues sir...

Post #487211 26th Aug 2018 7:22pm
Videoman1959

update

Hi Everybody!
Sorry for the delay in replying.
My battery 'runs' at 14.6 volts and records 12.6 when not running.
My remote buttons on the key fob will not operate ANYTHING at all. Not the doors or tailgate and also, as I have mentioned, the glove box doesn't open either.
The key itself DOES manually open all the doors with a double-turn to the right, but the glove compartment remains locked.
I hope this helps. I have tried the 'put key in ignition twice ( and once ), pull it out and press buttons 3 times in 10 secs etc and I have also removed the negative lead to the battery for 5 mins, connected the neg lead to the positive terminal with a wire and bulb and then tried again..... all to no avail Sad
Anyone else have any ideas please?
Cheers
PS... Northern Monkey, well... after a recharge and plenty of driving the steering wheel prob did disappear Smile 'Knowledge Is Power'

Post #488617 10th Sep 2018 8:18pm
Videoman1959

Oh Dear !!!!

Hi Everybody!
Just an update Embarassed
I was checking my rear fuse board for the reversing camera fuse ..... and discovered that I had 'borrowed' the remote control/glove box fuse to test another circuit, and forgot to replace it Embarassed !
Once I put in a spare one, guess what? The remote worked !!!
There is one born every minute - ME!
Cheers! 'Knowledge Is Power'

Post #488816 13th Sep 2018 11:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1