Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Offroad(ish) set of rims and tyres on the way - yay!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Grizzly_Adams

Australia 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Barolo Black
Offroad(ish) set of rims and tyres on the way - yay!

Just thought I'd post this so others could hopefully share my excitement.

Found a set of style 11 rims with some Pirelli Verde 255 55 20 tyres attached, 80% tread left.

The rims have got a fair amount of gutter rash but that's ok as these are going to be my 'offroad' set anyway so they'll get scuffed around Whistle Eventhough the 255 55 20's are the standard size on my vehicle (standand was 255 50 20's), the information on the forum here gave me enough confidence that this size would fit comfortably on her and be even better offroad (by giving her that extra 5% height over the 255 50 20's).

If you're looking confused at the size of the rim/tyre combo, she's a 2010 SC Autobiography so 19's are the smallest I can go and I wanted to go 20's so I had a larger choice of tyre. The style 11's were also the standard fitment 20" rims - at least for the 2011 models.

As you can imagine getting a set of rims with usable tyres already on them saved me a heap of $$$, at least for now - will put Duratracs on (if they're still available) once I've worn out these tyres Cool

Weeeee she's almost ready for camping and 4wd'ing now Very Happy

Post #489766 23rd Sep 2018 9:06pm
GraemeS

Australia 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Bournville

I've just acquired a set of 275/55R20 Pirelli All Terrain Plus as replacements for the same size BFG AT KO2 which are too noisy to fit again. The new tyres wont be needed for a couple of months as I wanted to be sure they would be available when needed. If the Pirellis are good enough then next time round I might change to 255/60R19 if they're here by then to reduce the diameter by 1 inch with no reduction in sidewall height.

Post #489772 24th Sep 2018 12:21am
Grizzly_Adams

Australia 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Barolo Black

You know, after fitting these 20" Rims with the Pirelli Verde 255 55 20 tyres, I just don't see the fascination with the 22" Rims - the ride is soooooo much better with the 20's Shocked

Post #492354 15th Oct 2018 12:14am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1