Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Site News & Feedback > MacBook and Forum
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
MacBook and Forum

I have just bought a Macbook Air to replace an ancient but super reliable and generally faultless Sony Viao TX3 which was 6 years old and I'm having a problem with this forum marking all posts as read as soon as I open one thread............ doesn't happen on any other of Martin's forums and it doesn't happen on my 27" Mac. I've also migrated all the stuff from my Mac onto the Macbook and assumed that all the internet settings would also come across (which they have except for this forum!)

Any ideas what settings I need to change so that I don't have to keep using the "See Post from the last 2,4,6,8,12 hours function on this computer? 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #49822 12th Feb 2011 10:33am
Dogman

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Not sure it's a Mac thing as it happens from time to time on my VAIO??

Post #49824 12th Feb 2011 10:47am
47p2

Scotland 

My Mac desktop won't stay logged in, I have to log on each time I come on the forum.

Post #49825 12th Feb 2011 10:49am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

John I've no problems with staying logging on, unless I shift from the MacBook to the Mac27 when I change then I get logged out on the machine not in use.
One thing I have found really annoying on my mac and the macbook is that unlike my XP laptop neither of them allows me to open Safari several times to do thing like opening multiple websites at the same time for the like of copying and pasting links to photos on photo hosting websites to here. maybe I need to download Firefox, even though otherwise I like safari.

On your mac have you set it to clear history when you shut it down? That will clear all your cookies and is possibly why you have to log back in every time 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #49829 12th Feb 2011 11:39am
bozmandb9

47p2 wrote:
My Mac desktop won't stay logged in, I have to log on each time I come on the forum.

I have this problem with my Macbook Air as well. Funilly enough though I didn't have it with my previous one, so I don't think it's a Mac thing! Range Rover-less at the moment - Pining!

Post #49830 12th Feb 2011 11:48am
JustinP

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black

Tim in Scotland wrote:
One thing I have found really annoying on my mac and the macbook is that unlike my XP laptop neither of them allows me to open Safari several times to do thing like opening multiple websites at the same time for the like of copying and pasting links to photos on photo hosting websites to here. maybe I need to download Firefox, even though otherwise I like safari.

Tim, In Safari, hold the ctrl key when you click on a link, then you can select 'Open Link in New Window', or 'Open Link in New Tab'

Cheers

Justin 
Gone - Range Rover Supercharged 2006

Post #49862 12th Feb 2011 4:40pm
Tim in Scotland

Justin Thumbs Up Thanks 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #49863 12th Feb 2011 4:47pm
Andy D

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black

Tim - press cmd (the apple key) and n to open a new safari window '07 Supercharged in black with drug dealer tinted windows

Post #49865 12th Feb 2011 5:02pm
Joe90

England 

Always worth a try:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/inte...refox.html .
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #49924 12th Feb 2011 10:00pm
Tim in Scotland

I've used Firefox since god was a boy on my Windows operated computers and always preferred it over IE. Interesting that the Apple store are so enthusiastic about it too, although I like Safari I am now installing Firefox ask I type this 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #49949 13th Feb 2011 12:06am
47p2

Scotland 

Let me know how you get on with Firefox on your Mac please Tim

Post #49954 13th Feb 2011 12:16am
Tim in Scotland

Well so far I've had no problems, but it is the browser I am used to............. now to add some of their add-ons like I have on the XP laptop.
2 mins later..........
I have got so used to Safari's screen for quick linking to favorites / history that I'm now missing it! (The icon 2nd from the left on the Safari toolbar!) opening them in tabs isn't quite as nice! 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #49961 13th Feb 2011 12:34am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1