Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Fuel line detaching problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DarkWheel

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver
Fuel line detaching problem

Hi all,
Just before Christmas my fuel pump packed in. I bought a replacement and fitted it yesterday. Unfortunately as I was removing the fuel lines, the red collar broke on one of them. I finished the replacement, popped the fuel lines back on, tried starting the car and it fired up straight away. Result!! I put it all together and went visiting family.

Unfortunately, as I drove I noticed the range dropping considerably- not a massive problem as I’ve got an lpg conversion and felt safe enough to get home. In my minds eye I thought the fuel line connectors to the pump mustn’t be fitted correctly and fuel was pumping out onto the road.

I got back home (Range now Reading “—“) stripped it down and found no fuel anywhere, and the connectors seated properly. I’m now guessing that the wiring plug isn’t fitted properly and I need to take the pump out to re-seat it, and here finally is my problem. Remember the broken red collar? I can’t disconnect one of the fuel lines. Anyone got any ideas how to take it off - I’ve been trying all morning.

Thanks

Post #499767 27th Dec 2018 1:05pm
ptaroni

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Try getting a couple of small 90 degree picks, push the pipe down a little then use the pick to almost push the red part to the outside. Once you have on out a bit pull the pipe up to help keep it from going back in under the ridge if that makes sense... being in the trade myself ive had to do this many times.. walk away, have a cuppa then when you go back refreshed you will probably do it instantly! 2004 td6 l322 - gone
Now 2007 tdv8 l322

Post #499769 27th Dec 2018 1:12pm
DarkWheel

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Genius!
Thanks ptaroni - I had to pop to Halfords to get new picks as I couldn’t find mine - but first try following your instructions it popped straight off - happy days!

Cheers

Post #499780 27th Dec 2018 2:37pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1