Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Orders (L405) > Sv autobiography dynamic showroom car
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Andy355

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
Sv autobiography dynamic showroom car

Hi is anyone aware of a physical car to look at in the London area? New model, so a showroom car

I did ask my local dealer about a test drive a few months back and was told it was a very rare car. So useful

Also wondering if there are any new in the network for sale. Helpful sales guy showed me the stock on his laptop couple of years ago when I was buying my sdv8 but he has long since left. Is there another way to access this? As I understand it, dealer stock all belongs to JLR not the individual franchises

Post #499796 27th Dec 2018 4:18pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

EDIT: sorry wrong thread Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #499797 27th Dec 2018 4:23pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Call around a few London dealers until you find a helpful sales person rather than order taker Rolling with laughter If you are interested I'm sure they'll arrange to get a factory demo to view and drive, I would expect that as a minimum for an SVR.
Good luck with the search although I'd gladly put you in touch with the guys I buy from who are great but I'm on the south coast.

Post #499800 27th Dec 2018 5:03pm

United Kingdom 

They have one in Park Royal.

I was looking at it today. I am dissapointed that the seats don’t have the upper back rest articulation any more and it didn’t seem to have adjustable side bolsters either.

I also wish there were more trim options on the SVAD. I like light interiors and there is a lot of black inside that you can’t change (headlining, seat edges, doors).

I can’t understand why with the global economy slowing and the L405 having been around quite a while now that there aren’t more discounts available at the moment on these. The best I have come across so far is about £7k which is very little on a car listing over £140k.

Post #500634 5th Jan 2019 1:25pm
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

I’m a bit confused at this as my 19MY SVA-D does have all the things you mentioned about the seats and a whole lot more.....

Also trim wise you can have anything you want ( at a price) headlining colour included, when you visit the SVO factory design suite. Here they will also provide any outside colour you require and any type of lettering on bonnet and rear and anything bespoke inside as well. They do have general items with variations on but also you can design yourself and they will provide for you.
Furthermore, i did manage to get a discount, even though the 3 Stratstone dealerships in Wales were offering nothing as its a “ well sought after car” their words and there was no chance of having a look at or test drive !!!!! Censored

Ended up buying the car from Mattfords of Exeter who were brilliant and honoured discount on the car, via Carwow and also included the discount on all the bespoke items I chose as well, which i was extremely surprised at. Shocked

Thumbs Up

Post #500645 5th Jan 2019 2:35pm

United Kingdom 

Lyonhead, that’s good to know. I tried all the controls on the door and I could not get these features to work. I also did not see a split in the side of the seat 3/4 of the way up the backrest (like I have on mine) where it tilts from which also made me think it didn’t have this feature. I would have asked but although my son and I spent a good 20 mins crawling all over the car nobody bothered to ask us if we needed any help!

I am sure SVO would do a bespoke interior as you suggest and I will ask but I suspect the extra cost will not be insignificant based on the amount extra they charge for green paint! (It cost me less extra to have a triple layer colour on my Lamborghini) Do you consider what they charged you for your bespoke bits was reasonable?

How are you finding yours? Is there much trade off in ride smootheness for the improved cornering when compared to a normal 5.0 AB?

Post #500648 5th Jan 2019 3:11pm
Philip

2019 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Ride would be my concern, given the press reviews.

Post #500650 5th Jan 2019 3:33pm
Lyonhead

Yes what they charged for “most” of the Bespoke bits were worth it as it does make the car very individual, but some of the bits are eye watering as is some of the paints Shocked 1 of the paints,which the wife actually said “oh, i quite like that”came in at £19,500. For paint Thud Thud WE DID NOT HAVE THAT!!!!!!!!!

I’m surprised you managed to see a car in the showroom but not surprised at the disinterest of the salesmen Whistle but to be honest i doubt they would know how to operate most of the stuff on the car....i had an SVO chap at factory handover going through about half of what’s on the car, which took about an hour and in the end i said I would suss the rest out as all i wanted to do was get down the road driving it. Very Happy

This is my first full fat as all my other previous Range Rovers were Sports, so in comparison with ride this car is quite sublime, definitely compared to my previous SVR and i would honestly say it is as quick as the previous SVR as it now has 565bhp and it is quite deceiving because of the size of car,but, it does it without all the drama and noise of the SVR.
Smoothness of the ride is perfect and the cornering is just taken care of by the wizardry of the Dynamic set up and there is minimal roll.
The order for one has a long lead time, mine was 91/2 months, the car body is built at Solihull, then taken to SVO to have paint then returned to Solihull for complete build then taken back to SVO to have the seats and all the other bits replaced for SVO parts. By all accounts this is the quickest/economical way of doing it Question
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #500651 5th Jan 2019 3:39pm

United Kingdom 

In theory if they build it as a standard AB first then having some of the black leather bits light grey should not cost any more because they would trim them this way normally. I bet it will not work like that in practice though Laughing

Wow, a nine month lead time for a car at the tail end of its life cycle is unusual. It must be the SVO part which holds it up for this long. Sounds like SVO does not have sufficient capacity for demand which is presumably why the discounts are so modest.

Post #500656 5th Jan 2019 4:41pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Could it be a 9 month waiting list as they have layed off a few thousand men, so don’t have enough staff to build the car?

Maybe they just build them in batches.....

Bill Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #500861 7th Jan 2019 2:48pm
Andy355

Thanks for the pointer to the one in Park Royal, what colour combo is it?

I actually just bought a black 67 plate pre facelift - it's still on the LR web I think - pick it up on Friday
Even though I would prefer the new shape there was about 35-40k differential in it which seemed too much to me

Post #501069 9th Jan 2019 11:05pm
Freddy Bear

United Kingdom 

Congratulations - the 2017 is a great car and I am sure you will love it.

For what it is worth Northampton have a black on black current SVAB in their showroom.

I decided it wasn't for me for a number of reasons - price, the touches of diamond knurling weren't up my street and, although the rear seats are top of the line, in combination with the rear screens they didn't seem to leave much room in the short wheel base.

The engine on the other hand sounded epic!

Post #501084 10th Jan 2019 8:37am
Andy355

Must say I am rather liking it. Very fast, very smooth - so much better than the sdv8 (which wasn't bad)

Post #501326 12th Jan 2019 7:11pm
Lyonhead

Hey Andy355,

Please post some pictures of your new beast Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #501350 12th Jan 2019 8:40pm
Andy355

At the showroom handover

Post #501357 12th Jan 2019 9:21pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>