Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Whel balance issues, or is it??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
tony66

Scotland 2005 Range Rover HSE Td6 Tonga Green
vibes

another one here-my recently purchased ffrr 2005 was vibrating badly when say 10 miles into a trip-i traced it to a sticky osr caliper
easily found as it was hot
freed off all the slides/caliper carriers,checked all the other calipers-replaced pads and the offending caliper

seems fine now-caliper for mine was only 30 odd quid to the door-nearside was fine so left it alone
took longer to jack the car up than fit the caliper

Post #501203 11th Jan 2019 12:33pm
doclees

United States 2004 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

While on the subject how do you check for a sticky caliper? I have thermal reader. Could this produce a false wheel bearing symptom? Could it old flex hose do the same? My ford SHO lines were notorious for causing the calipers to fill but block and not let fluid out. Smoke and fire.

Post #501329 12th Jan 2019 8:27pm
tony66

Scotland 2005 Range Rover HSE Td6 Tonga Green
caliper

physically i did a brake strip down and freed all the slides,when checking found this caliper very hard to retract-that was after it gave me issues-thought i would do the lot -found a few slides stuck-one of the front caliper pistons was a little harder to retract but freed off nicely,and i coated the piston with red brake grease

signs out on the road were the heat on the rear disc plus it leaves a visible pattern on the disc where its catching -this will be the vibration -its the only car i have ever had that a sticky caliper causes vibes-most others just smoke,sometimes boil fluid,some almost bring you to a halt-on the rangie you would have thought all the wheels were gonna fall off

if you are not overly fussy about what makes of disc/pads/calipers you use the whole rear could be replaced for around £150 for discs/calipers/pads-not expensive by any cars standards

Post #501333 12th Jan 2019 8:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12