Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Motorway speed judder
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

The juddering can't be doing the rest of the car any good, nor your serenity as you drive along. How old are the tyres? If not that old you might be able to get something from Continental. I split the side of a Pirelli motorcycle tyre once, hitting a pothole, along the join between parts of the tyre, the dealer took the matter up with Pirelli and after a while I got a partial refund. Clearly the insulating material is not meant to delaminate, so presumably it is a design or manufacturing defect.

If it were me I would change all the tyres, it's not worth ruining the ride of your RR and your peace of mind just to save a coupe of hundred pounds.

Thanks for posting, the thread is a very useful warning. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #501204 11th Jan 2019 12:40pm
CJB1000

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Santorini Black

Hi guys,

Just a quick update and to answer a few questions.
Have spoken to Continental customer services who advised that the silent tyre gives up to 9db noise reduction inside cabin, by reducing “rumble” and are recommended for “luxury” vehicles. They tell me they have not had many issues of the rubber shedding it’s foam insert and have agreed that when I have replacement tyres fitted, if the tyres are sent back to them, they will inspect, report and refund a % of the rrp if found to be faulty.
I have ordered a pair of new Conti silents (on backorder at Continental) and will send the faulty tyres back to them for their comments. I will travel hopefully I get some of the £250 each back. (as I still have 4.5mm tread on my faulty tyres)
My tyres are the original from factory (8/15) and have covered just 27k miles!
I’ll report back once I have More info.

C.

Post #502036 18th Jan 2019 8:44pm
CJB1000

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Santorini Black

New tyres finally arrived (the Conti Silents were on back order from Germany as they are being superseded in the summer)
I have gone with the same, to continue the originality of the vehicle and once the old tyres were removed, the sponge/foam rubber in both had come away from the inside of the tyre and was in a pile in the cavity.
The dealer thought that as the tyres were well worn and manufactured in 2014, not worth passing back to Continental.

Just a word of warning for all potential Conti Silent customers. (That maybe is why the “Silent” is being superseded?!

CJ

Post #513140 25th Apr 2019 1:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12