Home > General (L405) > Newbie looking for advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mabanks

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey
Newbie looking for advice

Hi Folks,

Hope to soon join the FullFat club having done time on disco3 and disco4.co.uk.

Today I went to a main dealer to look over a good value MY18 AB, the car looked great, ran great but the inside smelt a bit like a lemon Confused

The car had the 40/20/40 executive seating, the centre seat /arrest was down but would not raise, the LHS rear passenger seat would not lower and the RHS rear would only occasionally return to upright, of course the dealer confirmed that this and any other issues would be resolved. Anyone here experienced this before, I guess it could be sensors and actuators but maybe its a software issue?

Talking of software issues I noticed a couple of times that the side steps and ambient lighting appeared as "unavailable", the top screen was sluggish and some times two touches were necessary to make things work, Apple CarPlay though seemed to work OK.

The Dealer talked about the car needing a software update, is there anywhere posted a list of software builds and patches and the problems they address, what is the most recent software version on cars being built and delivered now?

Reading through posts here, there seem to be many software issues with these cars, so my question is, are these specific malfunctions common and is the fix straightforward?

Thanks,

MB

Post #502134 19th Jan 2019 5:07pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

Can't help with the specific issues to that car but it seems odd that after their so called 165 point check this car is offered in this faulty condition. I'd walk if it were me and find another that works properly especially as these cars are known for software gremlins. Might well have been rejected by the previous owner for all you know and that wouldn't be a fun purchase.

Post #502141 19th Jan 2019 6:14pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

18D is latest software to update the Infotainment system. What else is new, maybe ask dealer. All LR cars from 1984
2021.5 Vogue SE D300 Carpathian Grey
2018 Vogue SE British Racing Green GONE

Post #502201 20th Jan 2019 10:09am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1