Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > 2018 PHEV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 12 <123 ... 9 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

Having run our MX100D through the hottest summer in living memory, I can’t say the Range drops anywhere near that much. 20% tops but even that is probably too much. You can also turn on the aircon from the app - when it’s charging the car loses no range and is wonderfully cool when you’re ready to depart.

They are too expensive for the quality of car you get but sort of worth it for loads of reasons. I’d have another one. In fact, I may well swap the Aston for the Roadster II (if it ever is built).

Post #491145 5th Oct 2018 9:31pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Put my name on your Censored then, still regretting not having your DBS. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #491162 6th Oct 2018 9:40am
Badger

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Carpathian Grey

Interested to see what others are getting as an indicated range on electric-only with a full charge.
Mine varies between 20 (eg this morning) and 27. and I'm certain that it won't actually do that distance.
I live in rolling countryside and drive gently, car is garaged.
Pretty sure this car will never ever do even close to the advertised 31m.

Post #491576 9th Oct 2018 11:48am
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

I have a few weeks of daily experience now. In response to the question on variable full battery range indicated, mine varies too from low 20’s up to 30 miles. This changes almost every time for no good reason and varies still regardless of how charged. I charge at home overnight via a 13a hookup and during the day at work via a 7.5kW connection. Actual battery range achieved is pretty consistent between 19 and 22 miles. The Land Rover remote app is good for reviewing this per journey.

Post #491704 10th Oct 2018 11:31am
Dickie

United Kingdom 

I recently was invited by Jaguar for an afternoon with their I-Pace (100% electric car) at an "Art of Performance" event.

The relevance of this is purely that I discussed in quite a bit of detail battery technology and charging with the knowledgable chap from Jag.

Battery range is actually extremely susceptible to temperature and I wonder if this is why the P400 owners are seeing quite a varied range readout first thing. The Jag chap said, admittedly with the I-Pace but I assume similar would apply to other LIon batteries, that when charging the batteries warm to around 45C, their optimum design temperature for use is around 20C. He then said that if the batteries are below or above 20C by several degrees then it dramatically affects the range - rather counter intuitively he said that once you set off, at say 5C, the range showing is what you'll get having set off at that temperature, i.e. it won't increase the range once the batteries warm up. If the batteries had started at 20C then the range would have been much better or at least at their optimum. I'm sure someone here will have the knowhow as to why that is, but it was interesting to understand a little more about the challenges of battery only power.

As a result of the above, I-Pace owners are recommended to set their home charging to be done in the morning hours before they're likely to do their journey such that the charging process warms the battery to it's optimal temperature for range plus the excess heat generated is then circulated through the car to warm it up to the perfect cabin temperature just as the driver jumps in. Clever I guess, but only if you have a relatively regular morning routine - which to be fair most people do.

Incidentally the I-Pace is a Very impressive car and I'm my opinion far superior to the Tesla equivalent in so many areas, specifically the fit/finish and handling. It still just doesn't fit into my lifestyle just yet, plus I think £75k is too steep for what it offers; £50k and I'd take the punt. (Sorry if this takes things massively off-topic!!)

Post #492734 18th Oct 2018 9:05am
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

Tesla can be set to pre-warm the battery (and warm the cabin). The iPace is less efficient than the Teslas at road speeds. One has to rely on third party chargers when on a long journey. These are currently confusing, slow and unreliable (unlike Tesla's supercharging network).

But the iPace is a good effort overall and I'm pleased to see mainstream manufacturers trying to compete.

Post #492752 18th Oct 2018 11:03am
socialrover

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV6 Santorini Black

th

Post #502984 27th Jan 2019 8:14pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Teslas have a liquid cooling system.

When I did a factory tour at Solihull, the battery pack I saw they were fitting to a 405 did not look like it had a cooling system.

Not sure about the iPace.

I thought Tesla's cooling system would have been emulated by everybody since. Strange if not....

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #502999 27th Jan 2019 11:18pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Great thread - I've just worked my way through it having put down a deposit on a nearly new PHEV Autobiography. It's a replacement for my current SDV8 L405 which I will miss, but as always quickly forgotten once the excitement of new metal kicks in! 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #503661 2nd Feb 2019 11:33am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Question for PHEV owners with executive seats - has anyone sourced a rubber loadspace mat? The mats on the Land Rover website say that they are not suitable for PHEVs with executive seats.

By the way, I'm assuming I do have executive seats - they do recline significantly and eat into the boot space somewhat. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #504910 12th Feb 2019 3:42pm
CUE99T

Scotland 

Nice one Ed.

Is it a business purchase? all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #504928 12th Feb 2019 6:07pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

That would nice, but no, it's not.

Weird thing happened when I drove it yesterday. I was looking forward to showing off the car to a friend, but when I started her up, the engine started. I had full battery charge so don't understand why. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #505004 13th Feb 2019 9:20am
Gt3gooner

United Kingdom 

Was the ambient temp cold? It will cut to the engine first to bring up to running temp quickly and meet demand for heated screens, seats, etc if cold and to save the battery. Best thing is to precondition the car prior to your journey if plugged in. This will preheat the car off the mains beforehand, double benefit of car nice and toasty and preserves the battery for the journey. You can set preconditioning on a timer in the infotainment system or via the app which is my preference.

Post #505010 13th Feb 2019 11:17am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Yes, it was cold, and the first thing we all did was put the heated seats on, and my kids the rear screens etc. So your response makes sense!

Note to self - pre-heat in future. Thanks! 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #505011 13th Feb 2019 11:19am
ilard

United Kingdom 

So the executive class seats on a P400e is not a deal breaker when it comes to boot space, then?

Post #505160 14th Feb 2019 8:40pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 10 of 12 <123 ... 9 101112>