Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > 2018 PHEV
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>
Print this entire topic · 
Emperor Mong

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Loire Blue

For me it is an issue. I'm planning to deleting the executive rear seats on my Autobiography and replacing with the lower spec ones.

However, I have two large dogs and a ton of shooting gear that I cart about.

Post #505175 15th Feb 2019 12:01am
EdJ

United Kingdom 

I’ve not really thought about it too much but then again, I’ve not made any big trips with all the clobber!

Does anyone have the different luggage dimensions for the PHEV with exec seats and without? 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #505182 15th Feb 2019 9:50am
ilard

United Kingdom 

I don't have dimensions, only Eyeball Mk. 1, and AB looks big enough. But not as big as possible. Hmmm. Guns, dogs... I would delete it.

Regrettably, a rear bench seat downgrade on AB means 'only' 22 way front seats not 24. It's not like the old days when exec seating was cannibalisation of loadspace, so the seat downgrade affects both front & rear. My calculations show it's generally not worth it price-wise. In fact, for my particular options / use case, I am actually thinking [shock/horror] Vogue if I don't care about semi-aniline leather. More on that story later.

Post #505309 15th Feb 2019 11:58pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Took the PHEV on a fully laden trip yesterday. The boot is noticeably smaller, but it didn't seem to hold me back too much. I even managed to get the parcel shelf back into place.

I actually quite like the fact that the PHEV boot isn't flat - it means you can put smaller items on the right without them rolling around the way they used to in my last L405. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #505365 16th Feb 2019 3:58pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Dimensions....

Rear seats upright:
Height 824mm (Phev 778mm)
Width 1,290mm
Loadspace width between arches 1,120mm
Length at floor 1,101mm (Exec seating 930mm)

Post #505377 16th Feb 2019 4:42pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Just passing a dealer so stopped with ye olde tape measure:

L405 LWB 5.0 SC exec seating:
985mm long max (centre along floor)
525mm long min (along side at parcel shelf height)
450mm high under parcel shelf (implies 404mm for a Phev)

My ye olde L320 measures:
1040mm long max
790mm long min
430mm high under cover

Now I need to figure out if I could live with a smaller boot. Hmmm.

Post #505384 16th Feb 2019 6:03pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

So I had a 7 mile journey this morning which was entirely completed in electric mode. Despite having almost 75% of battery left, the entire return journey was completed using petrol - so the trip computer shows zero miles using battery.

Doesn't really make sense to me, even considering the use of heated seats etc (which was the same as the way out). I should add that it doesn't always do this - this is just the second time. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #507136 3rd Mar 2019 2:41pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

It still has a 12V lead acid battery, right? I am wondering if that battery is low then petrol+alternator kicks in?

Post #507223 3rd Mar 2019 10:45pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Yes. You could be right. In the same way that my other car - a non hybrid - often doesn’t allow the stop start to function when I’m doing many short journeys- presumably because the battery is low. 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #507224 3rd Mar 2019 10:48pm
rar110

Australia 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

does anyone have any experience with the FFRR diesel v6 hybrid or RRS L494 v6 hybrid (HEV)?

To me a v6 HEV makes more sense with use being both big highway distances and urban driving, than a 4 cyl petrol hybrid. ______________________________
Vogue tdv8 08MY poverty pack - wow

Post #508246 11th Mar 2019 2:39am
forever

United Kingdom 

I have a 2017 FFRR hybrid, very happy with it, but dont expect anything more than a mile at most on battery alone.
Its more a way to make the diesel engine more efficient, with using the regen to boost MPG, plus the electric engine gives a nice shove when in sport, i would say on par if not better than my previous diesel V8

Post #508256 11th Mar 2019 10:49am
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

Has anyone any experience towing a large caravan with a Hybrid/electric? apart from the weight ratio thinking about draining power from the batteries or underpowered when using the combustion part?

Post #508270 11th Mar 2019 1:33pm
Stocky

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Autobiography 2.0 PHEV Fuji White

I've had my 2019MY PHEV for just over three months now, so a short report seems in order.

Generally, very pleased with no major issues so far. Had a small issue with centre console sliding lid, the dust had got under the final laminate at manufacture and caused a small bubble. The slider has now been replaced.

Interior is excellent, new seats are very comfortable. I didn’t choose the executive rear seats as wanted a more practical vehicle to lug large items when needed. Don’t often carry rear passengers. No RSE either.

The infotainment system has only had a couple of glitches and sorted itself out after a short while each time. Apple CarPlay is great, WAZE so much more up to date than the inbuilt Nav.

Rear boot is obviously smaller than old L322, but not too much for my needs. Not much storage space for tools etc. though. The charging cables are in a thick briefcase-sized bag, so that takes up space as well. The collie has to crouch down a little more to get under the folded parcel shelf to her bed. But of course, put the rear seats down and still as cavernous as the old one.

It's very quiet on the petrol engine from inside the cabin especially compared to my old 4.4D L322. Very refined most of the time, but put my foot down and there is a pleasant slightly throaty roar/sound. Can’t say what sounds like from outside though, It is only 2.0L Wink

The ride is much better than my old L322, very smooth.

I chose pixel lights, but not laser as not much use where I live in the New Forest, 40mph for good reason. If the lasers had come in at 30mph, not 40, then I would have specced them. The pixels are excellent but could do with a wider and taller pattern for winding country roads. They are not adaptive so don't turn into the corners as on old one.

My daily commute is 10 miles urban and 10 miles motorway each way with charging at home and work. So very little petrol used at all, just when accelerating uphill at the start of the motorway. Otherwise, it’s just short local journeys when not on shift. Overall my fuel bills have halved, that's including the electricity used to charge the vehicle!

My one trepidation before ordering was towing. I have a medium sized general goods trailer and a caravan. So I wouldn't order until I had at least tried a demonstrator for real. The trailer is no problem, of course.

We have just come away to Somerset for a weeks R&R with the caravan, Swift Conqueror 530 for those interested, some 1600kg or so. The PHEV is rated to 2500kg only, when towing, not the usual 3500kg on other FFRRs. The journey was about 80 miles, and the car says 16mpg after a full charge at home. Not too bad, about what I had expected. Didn't notice any appreciable difference when towing compared to the old one. Uphill felt just the same, no dying off and able to accelerate if needed. I wouldn’t say it was underpowered at all, there was always enough. I have been told that car always keeps about 25% charge in the batteries, even though what the dash shows is zero, so there is always the full 400HP when required.

Glad I made the change, suits my needs perfectly. Thumbs Up

Post #508422 12th Mar 2019 1:39pm
EdJ

United Kingdom 

Took the PHEV skiing last week and I'm pleased to say that my concerns over boot space were unwarranted. Perhaps I just adapted, but it felt as cavernous as my last L405.

I plugged it into the garage socket when I got there, and the car was quickly charged up for pottering around the Alpine village in complete silence.

On the ten hour journey I averaged just under 30mpg so not too different from my diesel V8. I had to fill up sooner because the fuel tank isn't so big, but then again I'd have used more fuel in the diesel when driving around the village.

Couple of real stand out points for me were the HUD - it's so good, I rarely look at the dash when driving. Second are the seats - incredibly comfortable and the massage functions are sublime.

I used the car's sat nav but kept Waze running in the background on my phone so it could give me the usual warnings about stopped cars / speed cameras etc. I did try CarPlay once, but after having worked when I first got the car, it doesn't seem to connect now. I'm relaxed as I feel the CarPlay doesn't suit the Range Rover's big screen.

One last point, on my previous L405, I had the top spec Meridian hifi. On this one, I've got the one down from the top spec. Honestly, I cannot tell the difference, and I am a big audiophile (vinyl obsessive etc). I do fiddle with the settings and any music pre 2000, I play in stereo, saving the Meridian / DTS for the new stuff that my kids like! 2024 Range Rover P550e AB

Post #512417 17th Apr 2019 8:02pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

Everything you say meets my expectations, so very reassuring... But after spending several weeks convincing my wife that £4k was a bargain, your comments about not noticing (or remembering) the difference between Meridian Surround and Meridian Signature is messing with my mind!

I've heard the 825, obviously, but not the 1700 yet. I was not wildly happy with the 825, it was "fine", which is why I am assuming I'll need to upgrade. Before ordering in the summer I will have a listen. Having thought I had my spec all decided it's fun to have something to worry about again.

Post #512422 17th Apr 2019 8:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 11 of 12 <123 ... 101112>