Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Mismatched tyres and what they can do (plus a mini review)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Mismatched tyres and what they can do (plus a mini review)

Hi All,

I replaced my 2006 3.6TDV8 with a 2009 3.6TDV8 Westminster. When I picked it up it had some new "no-name" front tyres with and the rears were Grabbers. For the last 10,000 miles I have been getting a strange whoop whoop noise from the drivers side (sounded like induction noise - but it's the wrong side!) and then a series of bangs from the rear. This would happen coming out of a corner or driving up steep hills.

Lucky old me managed to win a set of new tyres from the BRSCC Awards night, so I decided to get them fitted even though there was still thousands of miles left on the original tyres.

I went for a set of 275/45/20 Cooper Zeon 4XS - WOW!! Not only are these things like glue on the road, ALL of the issues have gone. I can only assume a front/rear mismatch confuses the hell out of the driveline. These new tyres are silent, handle perfectly and I am sooooo happy that it's all gone quiet and I can lay down the power without thinking my gearbox is going to explode!

So that's my warning :0 Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #510486 1st Apr 2019 10:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1