Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
andy2577

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Santorini Black
Sun blind calibration

Hi guys
A bit of a head scratcher for you all .
Had a customer come in and asked us to remove the roof lining out of his vogue as he was getting it re trimmed in suade and while that was out he asked us to remove the roof blind so this could be re trimmed at the same time .
We got them back and re fitted them but the roof blind needs to be calibrated . Now we have tried the recommended calibration procedure from LR but it still doesn't work . The blind will only retract half way then stopped Sad

Just wondering if there is anyone on here that has either removed the sun blind before or even a bodyshop who has had a similar problem when removing the panoramic roof or something ?

Cheers guys 2002 - Blue L322 3.0 TD Vogue (Previous)
2006 - Black L322 4.4 V8 Vogue Autobiography (Previous)
2014 - Black L405 3.0 TDV6 Vogue Autobiography (Present)

Post #432978 28th Mar 2017 4:11pm
Basilfawlty

England 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

This is probably way off the mark but just my best stab at logic. I presume that the standard fabric is held in a roller mechanism, which is designed to take the quantity of rolled up standard fabric but is suede the same thickness,? I'd doubt it and it may simply be because the roller is full. Apologies if I'm wide of the mark Thumbs Up

Post #433044 28th Mar 2017 9:37pm
andy2577

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Santorini Black

Yea we thought that but it all seems fine , the reel will retract by hand very freely .
We can't understand it ...it calibrated fine the first time but we left it over night and came to it in the morning and it had somehow lost its calibration and now won't calibrate at all ? 2002 - Blue L322 3.0 TD Vogue (Previous)
2006 - Black L322 4.4 V8 Vogue Autobiography (Previous)

Post #433045 28th Mar 2017 9:43pm
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

This is the information I have for recalibrating the sunroof & blind, is it the same as yours? ...
Start the engine.
(The sunroof and blind must be in the closed position before doing re-calibration)
Press the sunroof and also the blind 'close' switch for approximately 20 seconds until the sunroof and also the blind actuates forwards and then rearwards approximately 10mm.
Then...
Release the sunroof and blind switches and press them both again within 5secs and keep them pressed until the following sequence has completed.
Sunroof opens fully.
Blind opens fully.
Sunroof closes fully.
Blind closes fully.
Release the 2 switches again and the sunroof and blind should now be fully initialized.
Test that they now work, but if the one touch and anti-trap functions are inoperative repeat the sequence again.

I don't know if you can just do either the sunroof or blind on their own using the above procedure but might be worth trying first. Note it is always the close side of the rocker switch you use above.
Hope this helps. Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #511944 13th Apr 2019 3:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1