Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Pimento leather interior
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
dazsear

Pimento leather interior

What do people think about Pimento interiors in a Range Rover.
I’m just having a discussion with the wife before I spend a lot of money on a car with them fitted.
I think it makes the car look executive where the wife thinks the car seat should be black.
Don’t get me wrong I love black seats and don’t really like light interiors but the red looks great in a black car.

Do any of you have the Pimento seats and are you happy, are there any extra issues with this colour over the black seats, are they a bitch to keep clean. Finally for those that have had and sold cars with red seats, did it make the car easier or harder to sell and did it effect any resale price.

Oh and yes I’m sure I will get a raft of “it’s the colour you like that matters blah blah blah” but just interested in others thoughts. 2008 RRS HST - loved the car from 6 months old until a few years old
2009 Disco HSE - nice and practical alternative when I needed the space.
VW T5 Transporter - mid life crisis perhaps
2017 FFRR 4.4AB - best car I’ve ever owned

Post #513411 27th Apr 2019 10:13pm
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

I think they look well but would think it wouldn't be as easy to sell with the distinctive colouring. Just my humble opinion. 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #513412 27th Apr 2019 10:19pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I quite like it - but my wife didn't - looks like the interior of a tarts handbag - over my dead body etc etc.

So agree with the above - has to restrict resale potential / price

We went for another black/ivory - but I do still like the red.

BTW - I think the lighter interiors are more 'executive' - Pimento is more drug dealer IMHO - and black is for people with kids who are paranoid about marks

Post #513419 27th Apr 2019 10:31pm
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Just had my ivory leather re dyed last Monday and its lovely again but im paranoid everytime someone gets in Big Cry 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #513420 27th Apr 2019 10:34pm
Hodog16

United States 

Have pimento leather in my Firenze red Sport. Love the leather but it is certainly polarizing. On one hand it may not be popular for resale but on the other hand if somebody is looking for it, yours will likely be one of the few to have it.

My next vehicle is likely to be a full size so unfortunately I won’t be able to get pimento as I don’t want to get ATB just for that. I think it looks amazing with black, white, grey, or red exteriors. 2021 Mercedes G63 - Cardinal Red/Classic Red
2016 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Dynamic - Firenze Red/Pimento [Traded]

Post #513433 28th Apr 2019 4:41am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

There are some, very much older cars, that seem to suit a red interior. Take an old Jaguar XJ6, an E-Type, or even a P1800 and combine it with an Old English White exterior and it looks fabulous and classic.

Put it in a modern Range Rover and combine it with a currently fashionable black or grey exterior and it’s going to deeply polarise opinion like nothing else. When it comes to resale, it won’t be many dealer’s idea of easy to sell on used stock and they may value it accordingly.

Also, you may like it now, but will you always? I had three Firenze Red cars in a row and absolutely loved the colour but, almost overnight, Mrs RM and I changed our minds and wanted something much more classic and discrete than bright scarlet. With the loudness/”shoutiness” of the colour inside your car turned right up to 10 and beyond, you could suddenly find that the same thing happen to you one day and then (like us), you may find it very hard to live with.

Post #513435 28th Apr 2019 6:37am
ilard

United Kingdom 

My sister bought two Italian red leather sofas of the sort of quality & expense that will last a lifetime when she got divorced. She had to get rid of them because they became an eyesore. She said they made her feel “all fur coat and no knickers”.

I don’t like Pimento. I think red leather in a classic car can be really cool, but not in a modern car. If you’re going to keep it 30 years defo get Pimento!

I think black is very ordinary, but if you get it then get black/ivory not black/black. And black/black with black headlining is too dark even with a pano roof.

If you want something different that is not toooo polarising then navy or espresso (recommended) look very smart.

I don’t care about resale value, personally, I think that is boring way to live life, worrying how you will be able to sell something in future. Spend it while you’ve got it.

Finally, when it comes to colours, always trust the family member who has the most fashion sense. If you have more fashion sense than your wife then defo go for Pimento! Thumbs Up

Not sure why I always have to use a ! when I type the word Pimento! Rolling Eyes

Post #513439 28th Apr 2019 7:44am
dazsear

Thanks folks. Certainly food for thought. 2008 RRS HST - loved the car from 6 months old until a few years old

Post #513464 28th Apr 2019 11:57am
Andy S

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aintree Green

Mrs S’s old Mini JCW was astro black with a red leather interior which she and I thought was the mutts. We saw a pimento interior on a black RR in the local dealership and neither of us liked it. For some cars red leather works, others it doesn’t and for me it doesn’t work in a RR.

Post #513479 28th Apr 2019 4:35pm
martinf

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black

I have a red leather interior on my silver Boxster and that definitely works. Classic German sports car colour scheme. Not sure I would want it on my L405 though

Post #513487 28th Apr 2019 5:33pm
dazsear

Well the wife wine in the end so getting a car with black seats.
Thanks for all the views. 2008 RRS HST - loved the car from 6 months old until a few years old

Post #514068 3rd May 2019 8:25am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

What colour paint have you gone for?

Post #514073 3rd May 2019 9:08am
ilard

United Kingdom 

Orange.

Post #514075 3rd May 2019 9:09am
dazsear

2008 RRS HST - loved the car from 6 months old until a few years old

Post #514076 3rd May 2019 9:13am
fin

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

I’m on the fence from a looks point of view but from owning it, not a chance. I took over a year of watching cars on auto trade/dealers/ebay saved in my like lists to find mine and those one’s never sold and were often a few 1000 less or the same price but better spec. Out of all the dealers I visited one day at two independents one told me he’d been stuck with one that I saw at the back of their building for a year and was willing to take a hit to get rid, that afternoon I was at another dealer and I mentioned I’d seen one of those earlier and he said their policy on them is to offer significantly below normal prices in the hope they don’t get them or often give the customer an auction price and send them straight there if they land one.

Saying that someone rich ordered it in the first place so someone down the food chain will want one, to certain people or cultures I’m sure that is very appealing not just what the mainstream UK market seams to want.

Post #514077 3rd May 2019 9:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1