Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > 275/65/20 tyres
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Fretless

Scotland 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Baltic Blue
275/65/20 tyres

Looking for some help on tyre sizes - I'm having trouble sourcing decent off-road rubber, and originally planned on 275/55/20, but mud, rather than all-terrains. Difficult to find, unless you buy from an overseas supplier, which I'd rather not do if possible. I've spotted a good deal on 275/65/20's, but from reading posts here from people who run 275/55's, it seems that clearance is minimal...
To complicate things a bit more, the rims are 9.5 Stormers from a Spurt, so offset may also be an issue...
I reckon I'll buy one tyre initially, and see how it goes, but any thoughts on this would be appreciated Very Happy

Kenny The best 4.4 x far

Post #498657 15th Dec 2018 12:05am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Goodyear Duratracs are not a mud tyre as such, but are at the more open treaded end of the all terrain spectrum, and I have found them a better general winter use tyre than the Goodyear MT/Rs I had before them. 255/55R20 on my car just now. I don't know about your RRS wheels though. The Duratracs are a lower speed rating (99mph in the size I have, 112 I think in 255/55R19 if you can find some stye 15 wheels to put them on) but are the LR homologated off road tyre. Even so tell your insurers if you use them.

Buying a single tyre has the potential to be a waste of money, the LR safety recommendation is to have four the same. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #498728 15th Dec 2018 2:02pm
CY88

2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black
Re: 275/65/20 tyres

Fretless wrote:
Looking for some help on tyre sizes - I'm having trouble sourcing decent off-road rubber, and originally planned on 275/55/20, but mud, rather than all-terrains. Difficult to find, unless you buy from an overseas supplier, which I'd rather not do if possible. I've spotted a good deal on 275/65/20's, but from reading posts here from people who run 275/55's, it seems that clearance is minimal...
To complicate things a bit more, the rims are 9.5 Stormers from a Spurt, so offset may also be an issue...
I reckon I'll buy one tyre initially, and see how it goes, but any thoughts on this would be appreciated Very Happy

Did you ever go further with this? I doubt that you will fit 265/75r20 (34'+) without lift rods and some pretty major work under the wheel arches. I recently spent a lot of time researching the largest mud tyre I could use whilst avoiding rods, and concluded that was 305/50r20. Mine are on 9.5 Sport wheels with 53 offset (plus 5mm spacers, making them 48 ).
I've also raised the car 2 cm with a GAP tool.

Click image to enlarge

Post #515519 16th May 2019 2:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1