Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Got fed up trying to engage with JLR....Hello Lamborghini...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
CUE99T

Scotland 
Got fed up trying to engage with JLR....Hello Lamborghini...

Test drove an Urus.......the ugly sister for sure but drove like a 911 Turbo.....and what a car in the bends!!! Never left the tarmac!!

Sure it looks like a CRV, but when you call to ask for a test drive in an SVA-D and the dealer promises a call back and just doesnt bother their backside....its hard to not call other brands.....especially when you've had a ball owning them in the past!!

Tbh the guy at Pentland I dont think even knew what an SVA-Dynamic was......let alone organise a test drive.....and sorry no I dont know the reg number sir, I only know the colour and model....hence why a bit blunt.....3 times...yes an SVA-D is the car I'm enquiring about....

If I can get it to be bigger then I'd probably buy one, but at the moment the depreciation is unproven and in all honesty I'm really unsure about the looks outside, but inside is superb and the noise was magic!!!

Whats the noise on an SVA-D like owners? all smug in my new plug!

2021 Westminster Black D300
2013 Vogue SE - gone
Some Porsche Cayenne guff pretending to be a 4x4!!
2006 Vogue
2004 Vogue
2001 Vogue

Post #516858 29th May 2019 2:59pm
CSK

France 2013 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Causeway Grey

Probably drives like a Cayenne, the car it shares a platform with.
I understand you are fed up with the lack of response to your enquiry but this wouldn't make me buy an Urus.
Why don't you try another JLR dealer?
Good luck!

Post #516865 29th May 2019 4:31pm

United Kingdom 

Problems with the Urus from my perspective:

1. Spec one up and it's significantly more than and SVA D. It's actually supercar money.
2. Once they have got over the initial new model demand they will need to discount it heavily to shift the numbers they need to do. Hence the depreciation on them 3 or 4 years out from now will be crippling (c/f Bentayga)
3. Running costs of Lambos (I have a Huracan Performante and have run Lambos for over 10 years)) is huge compared to an SVA - D.
4. New Lambos don't tend to need to go to the dealer in between services all the time unlike LR products but the dealers are possibly even more unhelpful than LR ones and you have very little choice of places to go.

I have looked at one myself and aside from the fact that I think I would look like a bit of a tool if I had two Lambos on the drive, i can't see that the Urus is good enough to warrant the premium. I want to like it but I keep coming back to the fact that one chooses an SUV when you want to carry people and stuff or you just want to waft along up high in comfort. That says FFRR every time. If you only have one car to enjoy then I guess a Urus can add some fun that the FFRR can't, but for that money I would rather have a FFRR (non SVA) and another car as well that's more fun.

Right now as an alternative to the FFRR until the L460 comes along, I am closely looking at the Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo Turbo S hybrid which ticks a lot of the boxes a Urus and FFRR does for a price similar to a SVA D.

Post #516866 29th May 2019 4:45pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

If money were no object, I wouldn’t be seen dead in a Urus*. And I’d also struggle with the SVA bling, actually, not to mention it’s infuriating interior colourway limitations. Probably have a Bentley as my second choice to an optioned regular AB which is so much classier than the 3 aforementioned.

But this is not because of the amazing JLR dealer sales network... their L405 product knowledge is terrible, let alone at the SV end of the range. I dread to think.

*check out the Harry’s Garage review. It’s an amazing machine. Shame about the overall sadness.

Post #516994 30th May 2019 9:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1