Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > It's a good day!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue
It's a good day!

Well after a few headache filled weeks feel good about the car! Rad, pulleys, belts and trans thermost all changed in the las few weeks but still had a coolant leak somewhere. Could find where but suspected valley pan. Car through a wobbled just as I was leaving for work with a very slow idle and resulted in low oilpressure stop engine. In the dark though it was low oil so chucked a load in. Decided not to use car as thought I way the low idle not giving enough pressure. Next day check oil and well over! I was right so drain off excess oil but notice coolant running over bell housing! So she through a wobbler so I wouldn't use her and get underneath to show me where she was leaking! Yesterday set off to see my sister in-law in Somerset. 250miles! Squeeky bum time about if she would make it or cause a problem. Well she ate the miles up easy! Returned 22mpg so about 36-38mpg on gas! Very pleased and checked her over today thinking we may be low on water and she's lost none! WTF?
So very pleased with her today. Maybe the sweet talking an the promise of a full service, valley pan and inlet seals has got her out of her bad mood! It's days like today when I love my FFRR again.

Post #51709 24th Feb 2011 1:07pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

risky taking that long journey rob. Shocked , but you obviously are mechanically minded so you knew what to expect...weird re the low level then back up to normal, could it be a blockage somewhere... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #51712 24th Feb 2011 1:39pm
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue

Risk was worth taking! Telling he wife we weren't going because of the car wouldn't be worth it! Lol. Feel happy with the car just glad she looked after us so I will return the complement when I'm home!

Post #51715 24th Feb 2011 1:44pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

Rob2529 wrote:
Risk was worth taking! Telling he wife we weren't going because of the car wouldn't be worth it! Lol. Feel happy with the car just glad she looked after us so I will return the complement when I'm home!

my minds working overtime on this one . Laughing ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #51716 24th Feb 2011 1:48pm
47p2

Scotland 
Re: It's a good day!

Rob2529 wrote:
Rad, pulleys, belts and trans thermost all changed in the las few weeks but still had a coolant leak somewhere. ....................but notice coolant running over bell housing! So she through a wobbler so I wouldn't use her and get underneath to show me where she was leaking!

It could have been an air blockage that caused the initial drop in water level maybe even blew excess out the overflow and it ended up at the bellhousing (depending on where the overflow exits

Post #51721 24th Feb 2011 2:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1