Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Road Tax (VED)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
supershuttle

England 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
Road Tax (VED)

I've just bought a car from a member on here and sold the car I've got to another member on here. I have a quick question if I transfer numbers next week or so will the "old" car have the tax transferred to it along with the MOT and get back its original number. I tax it monthly so I can cancel from July onwards. I intend to tax and insure the "new" car from 1st July so that won't be a problem I'll declare SORN until than (Im a patient man).

Also (more for the new owners benefit than mine) am I right that most insurers let you drive a car legally that you don't own (we could do the official transfer the day after) so the new owner would be insured albeit on a TPF&T basis to drive it home and of course if the VED is transferred it would be taxed to month end as well. Geoff

Post #518547 15th Jun 2019 9:45am
V8 Bob

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Ipanema Sand

Normally when transferring a private plate the vehicle returns to its original registration number and its mot and mot history are transferred along with any outstanding rfl to the “new/old” registration. The vehicle will therefore not trigger any ANPR cameras etc as untaxed until the change of ownership is processed which triggers any refund due. However if you have transferred the insurance to your new pride and joy that would throw up an issue again once registered. As to 3rd party cover for the new owner this is very much dependant on the small print of their current insurance policy if one exists - a potentially expensive issue for them if it doesn’t and they are stopped or have an incident even not if there own making. 2012 tdv8 Westminster arrived Jan 19 gone Dec 23

200 TDi discovery bobtail gone
RR classic v8 bobtail gone
300 tdi Discovery 3 dr gone

Post #518548 15th Jun 2019 9:58am
cass

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

Bit of a minefield allowing someone else to drive your car while it hasn’t been transferred to them - who pays for parking tickets, speeding fines etc.?

Post #518559 15th Jun 2019 11:12am
RobWheatley

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Road Tax (VED) cannot be transferred to the new owner now, as soon as you sell it the tax is void (monthly or yearly paid) and the new owner HAS to re tax it, you then apply for a refund of the remaining tax, Its all a money making scam from the DVLA.

With the system the way it is now for insurance make a phone call to the insurance company and it can be insured within mins, I bought my Fatty yesterday and it was insured and taxed in 5 mins at the dealers, all from my phone.

Post #518573 15th Jun 2019 1:26pm
charlie croker mk2

England 

Never ever sell a car with a private plate as "technically" the plate belongs to the new owner . How has he insured it ? Hope the new owner lets you have it back . Use the service in the link below ,

https://www.gov.uk/personalised-vehicle-re...number-off

Post #518755 17th Jun 2019 1:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1