Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic > Motor Insurance...the compulsory rip off
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
gj88

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

1 - Yes, I've already explained why it's normal. In actual fact, every statistical analysis I've ever seen completed confirms that people who simply let their insurance tick over each month are more likely to have a claim. You may think that unfair, but in an industry based on risk profiles, it's the nature of the beast. Since you apparently don't have an axe to grind, I'll see you over on a Sky forum soon complaining about their unethical pricing with no rationale behind it will I? Or do you just have an axe to grind, as I've said?

2 - I've never heard such sanctimonious guff in all my life. How NCDs work is as clear as day in your policy, and for everyone who is sensible and reads what they'll be covered for before they purchase something, it isn't a surprise. Why do you believe that if a product doesn't work for you, it's a con for it to be sold? Just don't buy it. In another post I've already done the maths to show it is worth it, but it's an each to their own situation. Also, the demand that every company has to provide what you want at a price you're comfortable with is laughable. Being with a company for a couple of years doesn't give you the right to set pricing strategies, as much as you obviously think it does.

3 - Every company does do that in the rudimentary way you describe, but if there's an accident why do you think that those numbers shouldn't be checked as accurate. And if you're cruelly being underpaid and you have evidence, no ombudsman in the world wouldn't give us a fine for it and tell us to fix it. Look, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, of course it does, but with complaints below 0.2%, I'm just saying it's not some big con as you seem to think.

4 - As I've said, I don't like Brokers, and as you've said they're an inevitable stumbling block in some lines of business. Also, collection companies and garages can be a real pain. I only have sympathy if you're running into trouble, but if you've gone through a Broker, why would the insurance company talk to you, that's not how it works.

I'm not going to sit here all day and argue with someone who has no interest in even considering their opinion. I've helped several people on this forum save money and unblock issues with Insurers when they've DMd me followed previous threads, and I by no means think that any industry could be regarded as saints. But my job is literally to highlight and correct this stuff, I can only say it is few and far between.

Your insurance knowledge is lacking, but I'd imagine not as much as my knowledge of plant etc. However if I'd had several bad experiences in your field, I certainly would have jumped on a months old thread and questioned your professional standards, particularly when all I've done in this thread is correct specific inaccuracies before now.

As with everyone else, if you need a hand with anything Insurance related, I'm more than happy to try and help

Post #518569 15th Jun 2019 11:42am
MPx

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Waitomo Grey

We clearly operate in parallel worlds as our experience of the same thing is so diametrically opposed...

Lets just get on with enjoying our cars! Mike - MPx

2017 5.0 V8 Supercharged SVAutobigraphy Dynamic SVO Palette Grey (2021-...)
2012 5.0 V8 Supercharged Autoboigraphy Orkney Grey (2017-2021)
2007 4.2 V8 Supercharged Vogue SE Tonga Green (2012-2017)
2002 4.4 V8 Vogue Bonnatti Grey (2008-2012)

Post #518633 15th Jun 2019 9:37pm
gj88

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zambezi Silver

My knowledge is the governance oversight of just shy of half a million claims a year, and yours is about 5 claims, but I had heard we've had enough of experts!

Agreed, enjoy the FF!

Post #518634 15th Jun 2019 9:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12