Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Hi to all! Eventually found the courage to buy an L405
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
roberlar

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

M99TYK, back to your original post if there's a cracking sound opening the door it quite likely catching the bonnet and only a matter of time before it chips the paint. Lift the bonnet and below the hinge you'll see a small 11mm adjustable bolt. Wind it up a bit and all should be ok. Could just be the check strap needs some grease, so try that first but if no improvement wind the bolt up a couple of turns before any damage occurs...had this myself.

Post #518507 14th Jun 2019 7:18pm
M99TYK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Fuji White

I greased the check strap on Friday and over the weekend it has seemed to work it’s way in nicely and is now almost gone, I’ll try with that bolt tonight and hopefully will cure it. Thanks for the advice!

Post #518725 17th Jun 2019 10:03am
M99TYK

Japseroony wrote:
I have to say Stratstone as a dealership are probably one of the worst ever to deal with. They are a LR approved dealership, are moving into new premises in July with Jaguar in the same building and do offer the 2 year LR approved warranty on vehicles over 5 years old.

If they don't then I think from memory they are breaking the LR approved car agreement as anything they sell that is an approved vehicle must have the appropriate warranty or they have to trade the vehicle on and are not allowed to sell it on the forecourt!

My advice would be to go back and hand back the keys for a full refund unless they agree to the approved warranty FOC.

There are plenty of FFRR out there and many at dealers that will treat you with respect but you might have to travel to get one - makes driving it home all the more satisfying though knowing if something goes wrong you should be covered Thumbs Up

The issue I have is I love the car. I have been looking for a while for the exterior and interior colour, wheels, low mileage and to be honest the price I paid is pretty much my limit and there’s doesn’t seem to be many around that tag with so little miles. The car seems well looked after, even in the interior there’s not 1 mark after I’ve been through it with a fine tooth comb over the weekend I must say I’m impressed.

I also understand that I may be put in a position in future where something goes wrong and it isn’t down to how well looked after the car is, I’d just hope the warranty would cover this.

I’m still waiting to hear back from them, their communication is awful for a prestige car dealer. After dealing with Audi for the past 4 years the difference is astonishing, you would think it was joe bloggs used cars in an industrial estate. Embarrassing.

Post #518729 17th Jun 2019 10:25am
Bigfella70

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Glad you like the car and to be honest if it were me I would want to keep the car as you have found the spec you want and lets face it you could go through a load of hassle and be left looking again for a different car then maybe be lumbered with a troublesome one.

What I would do is really push the point that the car should come with an approved used 2 year warranty. I cant see how they can justify wriggling out of that given that they are and approved used supplier after all.

Hope you get a sensible response from the dealership very soon. Current
2016 MY L405 SDV8
2018 VW Golf GT EVO
Previous
2002 L322 TD6
2004 Mercedes R230 SL350
1994 993 Carrera
Range Rover P38 x3
Range Rover 3.9 EFI

Post #518789 17th Jun 2019 5:31pm
M99TYK

Something I noticed when looking through recent photos was the show plate in the car that I purchased, luckily I took a screenshot of prior to them removing it from the website after securing my deposit. I would love to see if the word ‘Approved Used’ were used within the sales literature, if only I had too a screenshot of that.

They are adamant that they are no longer LR approved, I can’t find them on the approved used search. Still waiting for a response on the LR warranty!

Post #518890 18th Jun 2019 11:39am
M99TYK

Photo taken from website

Click image to enlarge

Post #518891 18th Jun 2019 11:41am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

depends when that pic was taken..if in the warranty criteria period then its 'used approved' , if out of that period then ???? ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #518895 18th Jun 2019 12:07pm
Brunel

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Aruba

Their website talks about 'Land Rover Approved Used Cars' 'on a variety of pre-owned Land Rovers'

https://www.stratstone.com/land-rover/approved-used/

At the bottom of that page is a link to 'Approved Used Land Rover' which takes you to all the cars they sell. None of the individual ads (irrespective of car age) mention warranty

I suspect most punters won't know the difference and will only find out once there's a problem

Post #518899 18th Jun 2019 12:19pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

the only definitive way to buy a FF with a proper two year warranty is to visit the landrover used approved site where all the cars from various dealers are listed.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #518901 18th Jun 2019 12:31pm
specman

Scotland 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aruba

Does the car end with "GNZ" by any chance?
I looked into one very similar from Stratstone in Newport with a tad over 30k miles, it had been bought by a chap in August of 2018 and his circumstances had changed, he put it back to the dealer to sell, so the pictures used were over six months out at time of my enquiry April 2019, they simply re-did the ad with the old pics.

Post #518905 18th Jun 2019 2:15pm
Bigfella70

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I'd tend to suggest that advertising the car (even if with an older photo) displaying the official Land Rover "APPROVED" logo is straight up purporting that it's an approved used vehicle under the scheme. If it's been on Autotrader can they assist with a copy of the advertisement at all ? Conflict of interest perhaps.

Alternatively perhaps you could submit a "subject access request" to the dealer for disclosure of sales literature etc. A load of hassle perhaps but on principal it seems they should honour a 2 year warranty for you. Current
2016 MY L405 SDV8
2018 VW Golf GT EVO
Previous
2002 L322 TD6
2004 Mercedes R230 SL350
1994 993 Carrera
Range Rover P38 x3
Range Rover 3.9 EFI

Post #518937 18th Jun 2019 7:10pm
roberlar

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

I agree entirely, misrepresentation at least

Post #518950 18th Jun 2019 8:30pm
specman

Scotland 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Aruba

A quick google reverse image search found the ad still live on pistonheads.
Those reflections on the windscreen are quite unique.
https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/x/x/x/x/9380095#/home

Post #518953 18th Jun 2019 8:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12