Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Gearbox fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ruzman

2014 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Corris Grey
Gearbox fault

Tonight I called Landrover Assist. I pulled up to pick up my daughter, I put it in park. The car auto shut off. When I started up again the gear selector was locked in Park and the dash said "Gearbox Fault" it also had a series of about 3 other messages about stability control and other things not being available. I turned the car off and on about 3 times with no change. LR assist therefore despatched an engineer. I waited about 5 mins with the engine off, then restarted and this time no warning messages and I could select D.

I'm now very worried that the car is going to breakdown at some other point and leave my wife and children stranded.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? What was the solution?

Thanks

Post #520195 30th Jun 2019 11:19pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Lots had this issue and it was a replacement rotary switch pack unfortunately... If you don't have a warranty then approach JLR, they may help as its a known issue Thumbs Up

Post #520197 30th Jun 2019 11:56pm
ruzman

2014 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Corris Grey

Thanks, do you have any more information on the rotary pack fix (sorry I couldn't find anything searching the terms)? BTW the car is 2014 3.0SE.

Post #520200 1st Jul 2019 5:55am
ilard

United Kingdom 

I got the Gearbox Fault on my P400e. It was freezing conditions and I had been running the remote heat for 30 mins, had previously done some short journeys the previous day, and so the battery voltage had dropped very low. The engine would start normally but Drive could not be selected. I ran the engine for a while, turned it off, locked it, waited a few mins and then restarted to find all was fine.

Searching for gearbox fault in this forum took me to a thread about battery levels and stopped me lurching for the Land Rover Assist option. Good stuff, so great to have this forum.
https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic56662...rbox+fault L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso

Post #650937 16th Dec 2022 7:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1