Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > L405 tdv6 cam belt and other??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Felstmiester

England 2015 Range Rover Vogue TDV6 Santorini Black
L405 tdv6 cam belt and other??

Hi.

I’ve put this here as I can’t get a positive answer from my main dealer ( not that I would go main dealer route) or my local Indy. I’ve owned tdv6 rrs’s And disco’s in the past and had cam belt changes on them. I’m under the impression and tell me if I’m wrong. One is cam belt and one is fuel pump belt? One at front of engine and one at back. I’ve been told by two different garages that there’s two cam belts and been quoted around the thousand pond mark. I’ve also been told by another that ones the cam belt and ones fuel pump belt same as the older tdv6’s and it’s not important to do the fuel pump belt. Please bare in mind this is for the L405 that nobody seems to have done this job on.

Mines done around 73k and I know it’s not due for a while but I’ve had one go in the past at earlier mileage and would rather get it sorted sooner rather than later. For the cam belt alone I’ve been quoted £380 all in.

Post #524007 7th Aug 2019 6:29pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Cam belts at the front and pump belts at the rear! Both need changing at the same time sir... whoever told you the rear belt “didn’t really need doing” was not giving good advice! What if the belt lets go whilst on the motorway in heavy fast moving commuter traffic? With your kids in the back! Whilst a lorry’s tyre lets go beside you!!! And your engine dies!!!
I know that’s quite an extreme scenario BUT!!! Worth the risk???
Not in my opinion...

Post #524066 8th Aug 2019 9:10am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1