Home > Technical (L322) > Rear Heated Seats 2010 MY Vogue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
tj196443

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver
Rear Heated Seats 2010 MY Vogue

Hi All
I have a 2010 MY 3.6 TDV8 Vogue and the rear heated seats have a strange problem which i'm wondering if anyone can throw some light on.

I've had the car about a year and to my knowledge the rear heated seats have never worked, when you press the switch no lights come on at all on the two switches given the impression no power is going to the switches. I thought this may have been the fuse in the rear cargo area but the fuse is fine, I have also dismantled the rear console and all the wires seem to be attached and in good order. The two cigarette lighters and the aux point below the switches work fine.

The strange thing is I accidentally left the drivers door open overnight last week and noticed that the courtesy lights were on along with the map lights which surprised me as the map lights have never worked and I feared a flat battery ! The car however started first time and I leaned back to press the rear heated seat switches and low and behold they lit up and the seat started to heat up !! the lights went out after about 10 seconds on both switches but re-lit if you kept on pressing the switch ! I took the battery off and fully charged it and whereas the map lights still work the rear heat switches will not light up at all !

Anybody got any ideas, i'm thinking that perhaps this is a ground problem with the electrics. I have a Gap BT tool that doesn't show any faults, in fact the car has been trouble free in the year I have owned it.

Many Thanks

Post #524525 12th Aug 2019 12:18pm
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

Do you rotate the knob first then press the switch?

Post #524545 12th Aug 2019 4:25pm
tj196443

Hi tinman

No, you just press the button and two orange lights come on for maximum heating, if you press again 1 orange light comes on and then a 3rd press switches them back off when the system is operating as normal. The rotating dials on the seat heat button regulate the air temperature and blower for the rear cabin heat vents. Its only on heated and cooled front seats that the outer dials have anything to do with the seat temperatures I believe.

Post #524747 14th Aug 2019 9:32am
nickt68

2015 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

You’ve probably already checked but I had the same when I first got mine. - the seller actually pointed out that it wasn’t working. A few weeks later when I had been carrying something big, I went to fold up the rear seats and found a connector that wasn’t connected. I plugged it in and all worked perfectly ever since

Post #524751 14th Aug 2019 10:20am
tj196443

Thanks nickt68 for the reply, I had checked the connectors under the seats awhile back and more recently and they are both plugged in, when the lights were working the other day I noticed that the single light on the button would flash when you disconnected the plug under the seat which seemed strange.

I'm pretty sure its an earth issue seeing as they went from being totally dead to partially working and then dead again ! I know that if the elements have an issue that the lights on the buttons usually go out after a few seconds but mine were staying on for about 20 seconds before going out.

Post #524786 14th Aug 2019 2:57pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

IIDTool?

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #524788 14th Aug 2019 3:01pm
tj196443

Hi

I do indeed have the Gap IID BT tool but when I checked for faults I only get Body control module and speaker faults which seems to be an error as nothing else seems wrong with the car. I'm sure I read somewhere that these errors can be ignored as they pop up all the time, even when you clear them they pop straight back up. Im sure I also read somewhere that the Gap wouldn't be able to trace a fault on the heated seats, not sure if this is true or not so if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be gratefully appreciated Smile

Post #524796 14th Aug 2019 3:51pm
tj196443

Update

Low and behold last week I stopped the car and the gear selector panel lit up, it’s never don’t that since I got the car. I checked the rear seat heaters and both switches lit up and the seats heated up perfectly. The gear selector panel and seats worked all day and then the next day stopped working again. Anyone had this problem and managed to sort out, I’m thinking it’s got to be a bad earth.

Post #595759 29th May 2021 5:14pm
Haylands

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

I'm guessing it's a dirty multi plug somewhere in the rear of the centre console, maybe upset by a previous owner spilling drink down there...! Pete

2002 L322 Vogue 4.4 V8 Epson Green, Ivory over Aspen Interior (Fatty Offroader) Sold
-Click for Project Fatty off roader-

Post #595766 29th May 2021 5:50pm
tj196443

Thanks for that Pete, I did awhile back strip down the centre console and clean all the multi plugs. As I have a rare week off work coming up I may try that again.

Post #595770 29th May 2021 6:29pm
tj196443

Resurrected thread for rear heated seats.

Just to update on an old post for the last few days when I have got in the car and started it up the PRND has lit up ie red when in Park then orange when in the other positions are selected and the the rear heated seats works ( I know the gear selector lights and rear seats share a fuse so makes sense they both work at the same time. The map lights also work when this happens but not sure they share the same wiring but guessing they do, everything works for a few minutes and goes back off. Seems very strange, obviously a earth problem as the fuse must be ok. Anyone know why they would work at start up and then go back off after a minute or so ?

Post #636185 6th Jul 2022 5:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1