Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Door card removal
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Northern lad

England 
Door card removal

just a quick question guys.

is it really this easy to remove the door card?

i have had a dig in the front passenger side door, and the window wont go down, so i'm hoping to push out the dent, and hopefully free up the window mechanism (i can pop a photo on here, if anyone needs to see the damage to the door skin if it helps) i.m concerned about the air bag, he doesnt mention anything about discinnecting the battery, or such like.

just looking for comfirmation that the sequence shown is all i need to do?

any advice appreciated

regards

steve
edit: sorry just to confirm mine is an 03 vogue, theirs is an 06 I believe 2003 Vogue 4.4 petrol, silver 126k on clock when I got her

Post #522936 27th Jul 2019 6:24am
rjff

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

It's fairly easy to do and the video seems t be OK. A link to some more photos for you.

https://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/...ndowswitch

Just take your time and don't force too much. On replacing it may be better to remove the lower window/door seal for ease.

A bit more from search on here

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic48980-15.html

AND a set of trim removal tools is a definite way to go to avoid the slipping srewdriver syndrome. Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
2011 TDV8 Vogue Santorini Black
Gap IIDBT

Post #522971 27th Jul 2019 2:02pm
Northern lad

England 

thanks Richard
the links are very handy, and pics extremally useful.
i'll have a go in the next day or so, I cant lower the window to assist myself, as it jams, and I don't want to burn out the motor, or worse case risk distorting the glass so much it pops!

i'll feedback later with result

regards

Steve 2003 Vogue 4.4 petrol, silver 126k on clock when I got her

Post #523035 28th Jul 2019 5:30am
rjff

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Crikey Steve, I didn't realise there are two 5.30s in the day Confused Whistle

With the window seal, it only needs to come out for ease of card replacement and the window going down then helps. If you've had a ding, then hopefully getting the dent out will free the window.

My passenger card has been off for a glass replacement and then for a bit of corrosion work near the mirror. Neither times had the battery off, but from another make of car, don't turn on the "ignition" if you have the airbag cable disconnected. That brought up the airbag warning light and I was lucky it reset with a simple cheap software and cable I had.

Good luck. Cheers
Richard

(there are no such things as an ordinary FullFat, an ordinary cat or too many tools)
2011 TDV8 Vogue Santorini Black
Gap IIDBT

Post #523057 28th Jul 2019 10:48am
Northern lad

England 

Epic Failure!

a bit late on the update guys
I got the card off, without disconnecting all the switch cables, just balanced it on the seat. I did disconnect the battery for safety sake.

had to remove the speaker to get to the dent on the outer skin, just no room to apply enough push to pop it back out, it moved a bit, but then popped back inward again Censored i thought about a thin piece of wood and crowbar, but the inner skin started to distort
anyhow you can see the metal bracket, with the cable behind it which has come off the pulley behind it (separate photo) this was bent inward and also had twisted, I used a crow bar, to get it back vertically, so the black runner / bar which is were the cable hides, were both sitting neatly together, however I couldn't twist the bracket horizontally, it's spot welded, so no chance of removing it. the blurred picture of the cable and spring (which I pushed the white plastic sleeve upward, and held it up with the crowbar wedged under it) shows the only place were I could get some slack on the cable, in the other photo, you can see the pulley, which the cable had come off, no matter what I tried, pulling with pin nosed pliers, pushing with a flat blade screwdriver, I couldn't get the cable back on the pulley wheel Big Cry
so had to give in Rolling Eyes
to add insult to injury, i then couldn't get the door card back on properly, the window seal had to come off, tried to get it to attach to the card, but it wouldn't stay clipped to the card, I also couldn't get the material to sit between the glass and door, so you can now see the metal, one of the plastic brackets on the inside of the card, has come unglued which guides the upper most bolt. attaching the door opening mechanism was such a pain the Censored the screw behind the door opening lever wont match up, so that's just sitting in the door pocket.

at a loss now, are we talking about a new outer skin (if that's even possible?) or used door? or any other ideas?

2003 Vogue 4.4 petrol, silver 126k on clock when I got her

Post #525626 21st Aug 2019 6:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1