Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Just got back from 2 weeks holiday and.........
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Anvil

United Kingdom 
Just got back from 2 weeks holiday and.........

She fired up first time, everything still works, and it seems that I was never away. Am I doing something wrong with this FFRR ownership lark?
Very Happy

(Mind you, MOT time next Wednesday, maybe I should not celebrate too early!) Rolling Eyes

06 MY 4.2SC......

Post #525832 22nd Aug 2019 10:09am
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

That's the power of the Intertweb, you only hear about the things that go wrong.
Many of us just have normal cars that don't break every 2 minutes.

Of course I say that touching a large plank of wood just in case Whistle Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #525838 22nd Aug 2019 11:51am
Anvil

United Kingdom 

Ha ha! too true! There was a touch of irony in my post, as I've been really lucky so far too. I've found with all cars that if you use them, and maintain them properly they just keep going. -Even TVRs! I was pleased though as I'd never left this one so long without starting. I love mine, its great and seems to do all I need it to without complaint. The only pain is that she's a bit of an alcoholic........ Twisted Evil Rolling with laughter

Post #525841 22nd Aug 2019 12:37pm
Paul thornton

United Kingdom 

I never had that many issues with mine just the occassional flat battery due to lack of use.

I was always too scared to mention it on here in case I jinxed myself and everything would start to go wrong!

Post #525842 22nd Aug 2019 1:07pm
Woofster

Canada 

I love my Rovers but, I won't lie, each time I drive them and make it the entire day and back without any problems, I am both in ecstasy with the sheer awesomeness of the vehicle and relieved at the same time! Razz 2010 RR SC
2007 RR SC

Post #525859 22nd Aug 2019 5:15pm
dexion7

2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Alaska White

Anvil wrote:
Ha ha! too true! There was a touch of irony in my post, as I've been really lucky so far too. I've found with all cars that if you use them, and maintain them properly they just keep going. -Even TVRs! I was pleased though as I'd never left this one so long without starting. I love mine, its great and seems to do all I need it to without complaint. The only pain is that she's a bit of an alcoholic........ Twisted Evil Rolling with laughter

absolutely the case!!

ive had TVRs as well as countless other cars and if you maintain any car properly you are invariably aware of pending doom.

consider the "main dealer service history" Censored as an example. do they really check the seat belt functionality and all the other gubbins? NO. but if you did it your self and you did all those checks you would see other (perhaps at the time) innocuos issues which were brewing and get them sorted before they were a mission critical problem on top of a mountain in Scotland.

So, for the record - my fatty 2010 VSE with lots of toys (Roger) was 1 owner 48k miles and 2.5 years old when we became acquainted and now 103k miles and he's never let me down. he's had an alternator / intercooler hoses and a failing battery but all of those issues gave me notice of pending problems.

cars rarely just "stop" these days without warning signs and i also have a 2010 slk from new which did let me down because the battery was starting to fail and cos i didn't love it like I love Roger I didn't replace the battery and guess what? it wouldn't start one morning so blocked in Roger who had to then jump start the Censored thing!

as you say however - they're thirsty but I can also add that EVERY SINGLE JOURNEY i have done in Roger has been a pleasure

Post #525948 23rd Aug 2019 5:29pm
Zeb

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

Mine has not long returned from a 1000 mile trip down and around Cornwall. It is 10 years old and ticked over 150k miles during the trip. Aside from a few suspension bushes, new wheel bolts and a new battery it has been no trouble at all in my ownership of 25k miles in just under two years. She is always well looked after by Famous Four in Louth come service time...just had the 10 year service and all the fluids changed...hoping to keep her going for another 10 uears now! Very Happy

Post #526045 25th Aug 2019 6:48am
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

What was that quote?

'95% of all Land Rovers ever made are still on the road - the other 5% made it back' Rolling with laughter

Post #526061 25th Aug 2019 10:50am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1