Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > VAB features
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Triarii

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey
VAB features

Collecting a 2017 Corris Grey 4.4 VAB on Friday.
Reading the features list it has the InControl gubbins - InControl Protect, InControl Remote Premium and Secure Tracker, which I didn't realise - can anyone tell me what the subscription cost is (not that I know whatthe Protect and Remote do!)?

Also has the Cabin pre-conditioning with remote - does this work off of the same app as the above.

You might guess that I wasn't looking for these features when buying... Rolling Eyes 17 MY Corris Grey 4.4 VAB
Silver MB R231 SL350

Post #525165 17th Aug 2019 6:10pm
Triarii

Having deciphered the equipment list I have a load of questions for the handover but I have now read about the InControl apps (though am none the wiser about the cost.... ) Shocked

Oh and it's ULEZ exempt! Very Happy

Anyone used park assist? Is it great or does it scare the bejezus out of you? 17 MY Corris Grey 4.4 VAB
Silver MB R231 SL350

Post #525735 21st Aug 2019 4:39pm
Ukandrewf

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

incontrol - certainly for apps is useless.

i suspect that your version of the car can be upgraded to **carplay or android auto**.

go to your dealer and say that the screen has been lagging and they should upgrade to it for free for you. carplay was NOT a feature i expected to get and it's so much better. (normally costs about £200 which is worth while anyway).

i don't think there's any costs for the system - it's an app service you sign up for on the site - the car has to be linked to your own account at the dealers which takes a few mins (from previous owners account). once done you can tell where the car is, how much range it has, if it's locked and alarmed, what the temp outside is etc etc etc.

Andrew --
On my third Full Fat RR
there's nothing like it.

Post #526291 27th Aug 2019 8:37pm
ianmacd

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Epsom Green

Whats a VAB? Current: RR L322 2010
Past: RR L405 2017, RR L322 2012, 2008 & 2004, 2018 D5, 2016 Defender, 2011 D4, a few Disco2s, P38, RR Classic, couple of Disco1's, SIII SWB

Post #526292 27th Aug 2019 8:39pm
Ukandrewf

assumed he meant a Autobiography AB - possibly confused with a Vogue Autobiography as in Vogue SE. --
On my third Full Fat RR
there's nothing like it.

Post #526301 27th Aug 2019 10:52pm
Triarii

Ta. Got the In Control set up. I'm going to play the 'lag' card next... Laughing Yes - Autogiog - must have gone into automatically typing Vog... mode 17 MY Corris Grey 4.4 VAB
Silver MB R231 SL350

Post #526478 29th Aug 2019 5:23pm
Triarii

Well doh! Should have realised that the car takes AdBlue as its Euro6 / London ULEZ compliant - shame the salesman didn't know this. Rolling Eyes

Just confirmed a suspected dodgy suspension strut by looking at the 4x4i screen. Shows one with restricted movement. Shocked Back to the stealer for a warranty fix. They should have spotted this. 17 MY Corris Grey 4.4 VAB
Silver MB R231 SL350

Post #526984 3rd Sep 2019 7:47pm
DavidB64

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Barolo Black

Hi Triarii

our 17MY Autobiography in Corris Grey, has CarPlay and Andriod Auto already setup but you do have to connect your phone through the USB cable in the centre consol. You can then select with your phone starts the incontrol app or in my case CarPlay. If you bought it through a LR dealer and it came with the 2year warrenty then the Incontrol Apps and Secure are free for these two years. The Nav Map upgrades are only free for the orginal 3 year warrenty period.

Apps has kept pace with CarPlay but do find the Nav system so much better than my previous Westminsters so much so might give up using Waze and just keep the phone under the centre console.

regards
David

Post #526997 3rd Sep 2019 9:33pm
Triarii

Thanks! 17 MY Corris Grey 4.4 VAB
Silver MB R231 SL350

Post #526999 3rd Sep 2019 9:50pm
archermav

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Triarii wrote:
Well doh! Should have realised that the car takes AdBlue as its Euro6 / London ULEZ compliant - shame the salesman didn't know this. Rolling Eyes

Just checked on the ULEZ website. Mine is a 16 plate but also exempt, yet I do not have AdBlue.

Post #527135 5th Sep 2019 10:06am
Ukandrewf

DavidB64 wrote:
Hi Triarii

our 17MY Autobiography in Corris Grey, has CarPlay and Andriod Auto already setup but you do have to connect your phone through the USB cable in the centre consol. You can then select with your phone starts the incontrol app or in my case CarPlay. If you bought it through a LR dealer and it came with the 2year warrenty then the Incontrol Apps and Secure are free for these two years. The Nav Map upgrades are only free for the orginal 3 year warrenty period.

Apps has kept pace with CarPlay but do find the Nav system so much better than my previous Westminsters so much so might give up using Waze and just keep the phone under the centre console.

regards
David

17MY Autobiography in Coriolis Grey here too.

The LR sat nav works with the heads up display which is useful feature. But so far i have stuck with Waze on car play.

voice control with siri is just so handy.

does anyone know if you can replace apple maps with waze as default for nav commands.

"Navigate me to xxx' is so good but i wish it would load in Waze.

Andrew --
On my third Full Fat RR
there's nothing like it.

Post #527149 5th Sep 2019 12:17pm
Bill

United Kingdom 

Never use park assist other than during a demo.. I forget I have it. U still control speed and brakes and it’s wizzadry

Yes the app allows u to precondition the temperature...

I think it’s going to be worth a few quid to renew the service, especially tracking and alerts when I put a car on a ferry and forget to Inform them! Embarassed

Check your adblue levels on handover, they may forget! Filters are in fact so good that in certain circumstances, when the ambient air is already polluted, a diesel car will tend to extract more particles from the air than it emits. Emissions Analytics worked with........etc etc

He who dies with the most toys wins...

Post #527239 6th Sep 2019 1:41pm
Triarii

The App is all up and working…..I've played with it too. Now have a copy of the trailer 'target' thing (the three black circles) for parking assist with a trailer so want to try that out. 17 MY Corris Grey 4.4 VAB
Silver MB R231 SL350

Post #529872 2nd Oct 2019 6:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1