Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays > Off to France for my 6 week break
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
Off to France for my 6 week break

Last year I visited 14 sites over my 6 week stint and realised I'd spent 2 weeks of my 6, driving. This year I'm doing it differently so have a 3 nighter at St Clare in Neufchatel En Bray an over nighter in the Loire valley and then on to St Antoine de Breulth for 23 nights. I love the site because of it being pretty small and very French. They have a small bar and serve food out on the lawn adjacent to the bar with a band/singer to entertain on mondays. The pool is small and pretty much unused for most of the day. A really lovely family own the site and do an extremely good job at being hospitable. The French people who stay are friendly and inclusive if you're happy to join in. I played Boule with a number of the guests a few years ago and they've all become very friendly ever since. I'm always greeted as a friend by all. Another week in Lot at a place called Seniergues and then the slow crawl home over three sites, Salbris, Jablines (Poss Disney visit but unlikely as the price is stupendous at present.) and then to Escalles for the trip to the tunnel the following day.
I can't wait to see how I feel about staying for so long as my rule was usually 4 days and move. May be more like a holiday this time.
Thumbs Up

Post #522165 19th Jul 2019 12:28pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

We used to do this in our Motorhome, we started exploring most of France then moved in in later years to the delights of Bavaria/Austria/Alps and Northern Italy as well as the Italian Riviera and Croatia etc. Such a fab way to spend 5/6 week well done Thumbs Up

Last edited by Gazellio @ Prestige Cars on 19th Jul 2019 1:21pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #522166 19th Jul 2019 12:40pm
Huwrhys

I’ve also done the Croatian thang along with most of northern Italy, Austria, Germany and Spain. I want to do something which reduces my driving days a bit. I don’t know what I’ll think of being in one place but if I don’t like it I can always move on somewhere else.

Post #522171 19th Jul 2019 1:17pm
knares

Australia 2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

you will know when its time to move on, its just a feeling you get, or i do anyway RR 2005 4.4 petrol
Any spelling mistakes are the fault of spellchecker
Previous MG J2, CITROEN light 15 x 2 gone unfortunately
Present MERC 180e, RANGE ROVER L322, JAGUAR XJS, MERC 280SE, MG F, JAGUAR S-Type 6v 2003, jaguar s-type 8v 2004, Ford Cougar

Post #522175 19th Jul 2019 1:42pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

Enjoy your holiday Thumbs Up You can paypal direct using - www.paypal.me/duckworthparts
Please supply your full name address when sending a paypal payment.
https://www.facebook.com/duckworthparts
www.duckworthparts.co.uk
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: robin.hall@duckworth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Post #522178 19th Jul 2019 2:03pm
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

I will catch up with you one day either at a VA meet or France have a good trip Thumbs Up

Post #522194 19th Jul 2019 4:26pm
Huwrhys

I leave on Thursday next week and really can't wait. I've put a fair few miles on the caravan this year already and it seems to just lap it up. Apart from silly little niggles here and there it's been a total pleasure to own the Vanmaster. The company themselves have moved now and will still build them but at a premium. The factory has moved to a new location and Phil Narey has retired leaving Steve Tudor running the business. He's a good guy and can turn his hand to anything Vanmaster. I think that the servicing alone will keep him busy.
I was looking over mine in anticipation of the summer break and couldn't find anything other than the Whale socket cover had a crack in it which I replaced for £4. Other than that and despite being all over France at Easter and Devon twice plus local stints, there was nothing amiss. I complained recently to E&P about the remote control being a bit hit and miss regards the self levelling and they said I could have a faulty remote. They replaced it free of charge despite the van being three years old and it seems to have done the trick. Fingers crossed. All in all it should be a very relaxing break.
Thanks for your kind words and just for you lot, I'll really enjoy myself by lifting a pint to the forum.
Bow down Thumbs Up

Post #522200 19th Jul 2019 5:22pm
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

Hi, I have recently been to Steve at his new place of business very good guy I am glad I went for the fixed pad for the E&P as I was worried about the remote failing. Have a good trip I am looking to go through France to Spain in October for the winter Take my time and may pick your knowledge on sites that are not too big? Do you use the ACSI card?

Post #522208 19th Jul 2019 6:14pm
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

@Huwrhys

Have a good trip. Thumbs Up John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #522209 19th Jul 2019 6:17pm
Huwrhys

I do use the ACSI card for a lot of off season visits. Saves a fair bit. You’re welcome to any info I may have. My E&P system has the fixed pad as well as the remote. I don’t think the remote is that useful tbh.
Thanks Weegie. Thumbs Up

Post #522210 19th Jul 2019 6:31pm
Huwrhys

So arrived at Neufchâtel-en-Bray in 42 degrees and sweated like a bison using the automatic levelling system and setting up the plumbed water and waste. Surprisingly the AC and kettle as well as the Alde boiler set to 16A didn’t blow the so called 10A system on site. Whilst the AC had a chance to do its work we went to dinner at the site restaurant which is decent but ordinary grub. By the time we returned the caravan interior was cooled to 22 degrees whilst the external temperature was still up at 37! The site is extremely well kept and the flowers are beautiful. We had a quick overnighter near Tours and arrived today at La Riviere la Faurie near St Antoine Le Breulh. I love this site because it’s relatively small, family run and so so friendly. Now for 23 nights of pure chill. Well it would have been but for a party arranged for this evening which is a pretty bang on bit of fun. I’m usually pretty much no use to anyone by the time they clear it all up.
Love it. Thumbs Up

Post #523213 29th Jul 2019 6:12pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

thats a nice pitch . Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #523215 29th Jul 2019 6:26pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Enjoy Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #523509 1st Aug 2019 2:48pm
Huwrhys

Been back a week and still haven't hit the full extent of my depression. I was concerned that staying put for three weeks would have had me climbing the wall but the reverse was true. Utterly chilled out and the only decision was do I dip into the pool to cool off or have a beer. Beer usually won out but sometimes I got wet on the way to the beer. The car and caravan were both on their best behaviour and no issues were experienced at all. All the sites we visited were extremely hospitable and seemed genuinely pleased that we had braved the B word to come over and see them. They all said that the Brits were few and far between this year. I felt very welcome, wherever I went.
Costs seem to have shot up even since Easter when I last visited the area. Fuel at the supermarkets was around the 1.39 Euros for diesel and a baguette is about the same from about !.32 in March/April.
C'est la vie!

Post #527556 10th Sep 2019 1:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1