Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > 2003 L322 PCV Part Identification
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
wanjman

United States 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Barolo Black
2003 L322 PCV Part Identification

Greetings, I have an 03 that has been blowing oil smoke out the exhaust in billows so after getting into the PCV system and replacing everything made of rubber and plastic, I found this long plastic tube just laying in the intake mainifold, it has a flange on one end that appears to want to attach to the back of the PCV valve assembly but the other end is just the tube with an oring on the end! What is it and do I need it? Its #7 on the diagram this

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GCEA_...h_M:[/img]

Post #530069 4th Oct 2019 9:55pm
Weejock

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

It's the vent tube that sends the remaining crankcase/blow by gases to the mixing plate behind the throttle body. It enables any gases to be mixed in near the throttle intake and be evenly distributed and burnt in all cylinders. Without it any gases will just be burnt by the nearest cylinders to the PCV i.e. the rear two, which could lead to issues.

Post #530071 5th Oct 2019 12:43am
nicksaab

2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

sorry posted all the part numbers for the PCV hoses before I noticed you had already done them

I'll try and look for part number for the vent hose. Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE
2021 Ford Ranger Wildtrack
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt 5.0 V8
1993 Defender 90 200TDI Pickup

Gone - not forgotten
2016 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue SE
2012 L322 4.4 Westminster
2004 L322 4.4 V8 Autobiography LE
2000 P38 RR 4.0 HSE (ex Clarkson test car)

Post #530074 5th Oct 2019 8:57am
Weejock

2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

Just to save you some time, he's not asking for a part number, just wants to know what item 7 is and if it's needed. The answer is yes it's needed. It'll work without, as the gases are still being dumped into the intake but they won't be mixed and burnt evenly in all cylinders.
If the vent pipe has come out of the front then you might have to take off the throttle body to reach in and re-insert or with some light and an inspection mirror you might be able to see inside if the throttle plate is held open. Might need new O-rings on either end too.

Post #530085 5th Oct 2019 10:49am
wanjman

United States 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Barolo Black
2003 L322 PCV sytem rebuilt but dumping fuel into system now

Thanks for fast reply, I was able to put the new PCV valve, hoses and tubing back together, I also replaced a leaky heater hose while I was back there. I started the engine and it fired right up, aside form a small puff of blueish oil smoke it appeared that everything was looking good, then while I was purging air from the cooling system it seemed that as soon as the thermostat opened up I suddenly got HUGE CLOUDS of white smoke, definetly FUEL? Something is seriosly wrong that was not wrong before. Aside from the PCV assembly and assorted hoses, I had the throttlr body and MAF off the reconnect the plastic pipe inside the intake. Everything seemed to go back together nice and easy, and I though just as it was, but now I have a serios problem I cant even start the vehicle up in my parking lot the smoke is so bad. It seems like something has thrown the air/fuel mixture way off kilter and Im dumping raw fuel into the intake. Any help would be appreciated, I need this for work Monday morning.......

wanjman

Post #530181 6th Oct 2019 4:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1