Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > For Sale & Wanted > SOLD 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
philip1972

France 2006 Range Rover Autobiography 4.2 SC V8 Java Black
SOLD 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8

I bought this after my Discovery 4 snapped its crank and sized. I needed something to use while the Disco was fixed and I expected it to take 2 or 3 month, but it has all been done in about 6 weeks!

I bought this from a member on here and I haven't been disappointed, in fact, it has been quite a difficult decision as to which one I keep, as I have fallen in love with the car.

£3500.00

I will quote the previous owners advert further down below, but first I have listed some basics.

2004 L322 Range Rover Vogue
123000 miles
Zambezi silver with grey interior
It has a replacement service book, which shows a full service history.
I have had the cam cover gaskets replaced along with all the bolt washers-now leak free!
I also had all the PCV breather pipes replaced, along with the oil separator and the PCV valve itself.
New front discs, pads and calipers-perfectly smooth braking.
It drives very well, beautiful in fact. No bangs or crunches, gearbox very smooth and changes very well indeed.
Interior is almost perfect-no rips or tears and extremely clean and in good shape.New OEM heated washer jets
I will also include the bluetooth IID tool if it goes for what I want, as well as the removable towbar.
Upgraded and updated PEM audio with 2019 maps and bluetooth calls and streaming

EVERYTHING works!

MOT till 12th December but I can get a new one put on if needed.

ADVERT FROM PREVIOUS OWNER

As I'm planning to do (a lot) more miles than when I acquired my L322 in December 2018, I've just bought an ML420CDI for my sins (apologies to the purists, but it was just too good to pass up), so my RR is looking for a new home.

Whilst photo's will follow, it's now done 122,000 miles and during my 4,000 or so mile ownership it's had a oil & filters including an active charcoal cabin filter, new air con condenser & low pressure pipe (the latter was actually the problem and it now has icy cold air con), a replacement amp/radio combo from Baris with the latest bluetooth phone upgrades and audio streaming capabilities, a second key from Dan @ Duckworths, a brand new Varta battery with 5-year warranty and I fitted a Delphi upper control arm and lower ball joint to the front offside as soon as I bought it despite it just having gone through the MOT with no mention of this after an initial fail for the other ball joint on the same side! I also had two replacement Pirelli Scorpion tyres fitted to the rear so it retains matching tyres all-round with lots of tread depth everywhere. I also upgraded the nav unite to the later BMW DVD based system and bought a genuine 2019 nav disk - Baris also installed the correct splash screen for me so it still says Land Rover rather than BMW!

I also sourced, cleaned up and fitted a second hand genuine Land-Rover tow bar / dedicated electrics / relay combo this spring - it had never had one fitted previously and I've probably towed various smart cars around 1,000 miles using an a-frame since then.

Although I'm the 5th keeper, before me it was registered to R Hunt 4x4 near Salisbury, who apparently had to register it in their name when they'd taken it in part exchange from its previous long-term keeper in order to dispose of it via webuyanycar.com! I spoke with them prior to buying it and they said it had recently had an air compressor and that is backed up by how quickly the air suspension goes up and down. That they thought it was a good example is irrelevant to any perspective purchaser, but at least it gave me some confidence that I wasn't buying a total lemon. It's also had a front suspension airbag /strut on one side at some point in the not too distant past. It also had a replacement rear n/s window regulator and rear wash-wipe fitted at the time that I bought it.

I find the Government MOT website https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/ is usually a good indicator of basic condition and checking against the registration will show the typical brake pipe and suspension bush issues in the history for BN04EPK as well as a windscreen that still bares the scars of a previous life. There's mention quite a few years ago of rear sill corrosion - I can only think that this refers to the usual lower arch issues that all these cars seem to suffer from where there's no real protection from stone chips and both rear arches will need addressing in the door shut at some points will a section where the bumper meets the wing on the rear o/s. This has been previously painted / covered up even and started to come through although I know from when I fitted the tow bar that the metal behind it is still good. The upper tailgate also has signs of a previous repair coming through again on the off-side.

The interior has signs of scuffing to the drivers seat base where folks have got in although the plastic seat base is still intact (probably been replaced in its life at some point), and there are no rips or tears anywhere. It would definitely colour back in and indeed this was done when I bought it however the seller clearly used shoe polish as it reappeared within a month or so. Let's just say that the car was better than the seller - I didn't have much confidence that he would actually do the job properly when he offered to as part of the sale and he didn't let me down. Everything works as it should, nothing is broken or missing and the upgraded stereo sounds great (it has the twin subs in the boot side). The head-lining however has done its very best to separate from its foam covered base and is currently held on at the rear by clothes pegs! I will improve this before sale, but it is never going to be perfect. We are non-smokers and the car hasn't obviously been smoked in - to us there's nothing worse than the smell of stale tobacco in a car!

The rear load cover is complete and in pretty good shape - one of the side pegs was missing so I improvised with a drill bit shank and you'd never spot it if I hadn't told you; it last prevent the shelf from bouncing as you drive along. The boot load space and side panels is also in good condition - I don't think this car has had the hardest of lives.

Bad bits:

I've mentioned the rocker cover oils leaks and rust; it also has an occasional vanos rattle on start up that some folks wouldn't even notice, but it's definitely present (as is characteristic of this engine), if not in any way an issue and it still pulls like a train and revs cleanly round to the limiter.

There is a line of damaged / missing pixels on the sat nav screen, but I have a brand new screen sat in a box at the side of my desk that can go with the car and the pixels on the instrument cluster are not perfect - another common problem with these that I just haven't got around to.

And whilst I have also bought a pair or genuine new heated washer jets for the screen (they break at the base where the hose attaches), but not fitted them yet, so the screen wash isn't perfect. I will probably fit them.

Pics to follow this morning

Last edited by philip1972 on 9th Oct 2019 7:12pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #530364 9th Oct 2019 8:44am
philip1972

Post #530365 9th Oct 2019 8:57am
philip1972

Post #530367 9th Oct 2019 8:58am
L14mt95

United Kingdom 
PM PLEASE

Hi,
I am not a full member of this group yet as I haven’t made the 3 posts but am very interested in this. How can I contact you?

Thanks
Liam

Post #530371 9th Oct 2019 9:24am
RSW

United Kingdom 

Tell us abit about yourself Liam that will be another post Rolling with laughter

Post #530374 9th Oct 2019 9:30am
philip1972

Yes just reply a few times-I think after 3 posts you can PM.

Or mail me on bullp2@gmail.com

Post #530375 9th Oct 2019 9:32am
L14mt95

United Kingdom 

😂😂 my name is Liam and I am intereted in this vehicle Rolling with laughter

Post #530376 9th Oct 2019 9:33am
philip1972

You should be able to use the PM facility now (Ithink)

Post #530377 9th Oct 2019 9:33am
Iguana

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Very nice indeed Phil, I've been following your crank thread on the disco forum, glad it's getting sorted for you Thumbs Up

GLWTS Thumbs Up

Post #530436 9th Oct 2019 6:37pm
philip1972

Sold already and collected! A really nice guy from here.

Post #530444 9th Oct 2019 7:30pm
Iguana

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Thumbs Up

Post #530455 9th Oct 2019 10:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1