Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L405) > P040D-00 (2F) Exhaust gas recirculation temperature sensor A
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
andygts

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Car went back in yesterday for the fault to be rectified. The story they have spun me is.....

They have unplugged the NS manifold sensor which I told them it was and it brought up another fault. They've done the same with the other EGT sensor in the opposite manifold and it brings up a fault code when unplugged. Apparently the 2 sensors downstream in the downpipes do not bring up fault codes when unplugged.

They've said they've spoken at length with Land Rover dealer in Sheffield to the point where LR were pretty much telling them to Censored. Apparently between themselves and LR they have come to the conclusion that the car needs a software update and this will cure it.

The car other than storing this code is fault free and the DPF is regenerating as it should so I'm tempted to leave it. I know the car does have outstanding updates as the IIDTool says it has quite a few to load to the car but having read the horror stories after software updates I'm not risking it.

I am for my own peace of mind going to check the resistance of the sensor in the NS manifold. The guy had picked up the term 'GHOST CODE' so I've got a feeling they've actually done nothing other than hang onto the car all day, remove a few bits of trim and finish off putting it back together when I arrived to pick it up. It's in their interest to try and fob me off as Warranty Wise have closed the case, it's fixed as far as they are concerned so it's the garage footing any further costs. Current
2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo
+ Many other non LR products

Post #532222 26th Oct 2019 8:37pm
GGDR

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey

If you want Andy buy a new sensor £70-odd quid, plug it in without installing and it should clear the code. Then you'll know. You should stop dealing with those guys they're jut wasting your time. The risk of them upsetting/breaking something else is too great IMO

See my long thread about the ghost code theory. Linked on previous page.

. Cheers, Greg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
2011 Vogue SE 4.4 with lots of toys in Stornaway

Post #532226 26th Oct 2019 8:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12