Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Plug trailer in and parking aid warning message +
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
andygts

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor
Plug trailer in and parking aid warning message +

I've just broken the virgin paint off the towball on my 2013, it's never had anything attached from new by the looks of it.

When I reversed upto the trailer the rear camera worked, parking sensors worked as normal.

When I had hooked up and jumped back in I selected drive and got a warning that the parking aid wasn't working (front or back) and to visit a dealer. Non of the surround or reversing cameras worked either. The mirror was still dropping for kerb view aswell in reverse. I'm pretty sure my 322 deactivated that and the rear parking sensors when a trailer was coupled.

Tried a quick restart and it was still the same.

Had a longer stop to pick a few things up and as I've got home to reverse back onto the drive the rear camera has sprung back to life.

The towing electrics appera to be working as they should and I'm getting the trailer tell tale when indicating

The trailer is still coupled at the minute as I'm off back out shortly. knowing how utterly useless Land Rover are is it likely that the car hasn't been coded properly for an OEM deployable towbar.

anyone else had a similar happen? Current
2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo
+ Many other non LR products

Post #533506 8th Nov 2019 12:54pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

You cannot code a 13MY 405 towbar as its a stand alone item! Not until 15MY did JLR add this to the CCF when changing the entire can-bus system...

Has your trailer got traditional filament bulbs or LED lights fitted?

Post #533508 8th Nov 2019 1:10pm
andygts

Rules the coding out then.... and yes the rear lights are still filaments to keep the canbus happy, lights work without fault, even reverse.

Ended up nipping out without the trailer and everything is fine when detached.

Re attached trailer, only difference this time I did it with the car OFF, I've now got full surround cameras back, no parking sensor warning message but they still don't work front or rear (rear should turn off anyway) and the passenger mirror is still dipping although I'm starting to wonder if my old L322 did dip the mirror and I just went into autopilot and switched it off on the mirror selector.

When I select reverse theres a line above the camera image saying it's on step 3 of setting up trailer assist. Don't know how it's got to step 3 as I've never touched it and the car has never had a trailer of any kind hooked onto the ball.

Is this a clue? has trailer assist got to be fully setup to get everything working or can I switch it off completely? I'm not bothered if it's not working anyway it's not something I really need.

The front parking sensors are the bit I really need to get working, I live on a single track road and my Censored neighbours opposite insist on parking illegally on the pavement which makes manouvering very tight with a 16ft Ifor on the back. Current
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo

Post #533549 8th Nov 2019 7:08pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Hmmmmm, strange... The towing module is in the rear RH corner of the boot floor if that helps any? Pull the spare wheel cover up and you will see a funny cover held in place with black plastic slider things! Its inside there... Maybe check the plug sockets for any signs of water damage?

Post #533577 8th Nov 2019 11:06pm
andygts

Cheers I'll have a look.

Can you confirm that the l405 should be behaving as I think it should though ie. Rear sensors disabled upon connecting trailer plug, front sensors stay active and dipping mirror stops.

One more thing to add, it does prevent park assist from working which it should Current
2001 Porsche 911 Turbo

Post #533590 9th Nov 2019 6:08am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1