Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > I got a new one (for a while)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
I got a new one (for a while)

I've had a little issue with my FFRR insofar as I got the message stating reduced performance whilst charging around the M25 and found the throttle had gone walkabout. I coasted onto the hard shoulder and switched the car off. I gave it 10 seconds or so and started her up again and no sign of the problem. I drove a further 15 miles to my mum's flat where I stopped for an hour for a coffee and when I left the amber engine light was on. Rolling Eyes
I called LR Assist who had someone at my home for about 15 mins after I got home. I'll be honest he had no clue but he read the log of errors and it pointed towards a turbo boost sensor. I've since been told an oil leak has caused an issue with the wiring. I had this two days after I bought the car and it took a good two weeks to sort it.
On the positive side I was given a Velar as I'd requested a loan car with a tow bar. I thought it was ok but not really any kind of replacement for a FFRR. I had the P250HSE R Dynamic. For a 2.0ltr petrol it was pretty quick but very hesitant pulling away. Reminded me of my D3 pre chip. Anyway, I found that the towing limit on the Velar was 2400kg and I have a 2500kg caravan. I spoke to the dealership who told me to tell LR Assist. I did so and they got me a FFRR with a tow bar the next day.
Not just any FFRR, a brand spanking new M&S LWB Autobiography FFRR! I don't care if my car never comes home, I'm in love. More comfortable, smooooooother (if that's possible!) In fact it's a stunner from almost any angle. The laser light system is leagues ahead of those paraffin things on my 17MY. The extra width on the seat suits my wide beam perfectly. The extra length is only in the footwell of the rear passengers but they notice it immediately. There is rear seat entertainment with 10" touch screens and the extra distance makes it much nicer to watch the sat nav or a film. The only downside is that the motorised armrest in the back has packed up and is in the down position. I don't want to complain in case they take it away. Big Cry
I also found that due to the 47 degree recline on the rear seats, the boot is smaller. Makes sense but try telling my waste container for the caravan that, It had to go in the rear passenger compartment. It was in it's cover so all very clean.
Towing I found to be far smoother than my car, I have no real idea why it should be but it certainly felt as such. I'm now hoping that the dealership will tell me they can't fix mine and do you mind keeping the loaner instead Whistle Very Happy

Post #531336 18th Oct 2019 4:58pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Rolling with laughter

Makes a nice change to hear a story like that. Normally it's nob loan card available etc.

Post #531339 18th Oct 2019 5:18pm
Huwrhys

LR Assist have been first class. Nothing has been too much trouble. Thumbs Up

Post #531340 18th Oct 2019 5:25pm
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

The only downside is that the motorised armrest in the back has packed up and is in the down position. I don't want to complain in case they take it away.

Huwrhys,

for the centre console reset, try lowering both rear seats down and then back up again, also where the arm rest locates in the “up” position you’ll find at the top it pushes a switch but that has to be made to allow the arm rest to work as well. Just give a push at the top, the padding across the top where the arm rest is supposed to go and that could sort it as well 👍. ( push towards the rear compartment).

Cheers Thumbs Up 19MY SVA-Dynamic Spectral Chromoflair Blue but colour not available in profile
2016 RRS SVR Estoril Blue - Gone
2010 RRS 5.0 Supercharged Navara Bronze - Gone
2008 RRS 4.2 Supercharged Black - Gone
2006 RRS 2.7 Diesel Rimini Red- Gone

Post #531435 19th Oct 2019 2:30pm
Huwrhys

I found out what it was. Very Happy
I put my hand under the armrest and pressed the button which put the it there in the first place. It moved down an inch. I then pressed the retract button and up it went. Sorted and all works brilliantly.

Post #531440 19th Oct 2019 3:11pm
Tinman

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Silicon Silver

SWMBO won`t let you keep it as you well know Rolling with laughter

Post #531475 19th Oct 2019 6:41pm
Huwrhys

Alex, you’re on the button there mate. Big Cry

Post #531484 19th Oct 2019 7:24pm
Tinman

Told ya Thumbs Up
On another note got my ferry booked for the 3rd Nov let you know how we get on Very Happy

Post #531486 19th Oct 2019 7:33pm
Huwrhys

The saga continues for a bit here as the car has eventually been sorted with another replacement turbo due to an oil leak causing the sensor or solenoid to stop working. I had received a vehicle health check for my car back when they took my car in, it showed everything to be at normal wear limits but also showed there was a Mass damper missing which is bolted to the rear diff. I was told this would be sorted under the Manufacturers warranty which is due to end at the end of March next year. A week later and I'm told that the turbo has been replaced but because the Mass damper had been broken off, it would not be covered by the warranty. I called LR and spoke to the customer experience dept who listened to my moan and said a customer solution executive would be in touch shortly. Next day I got a call from a young girl called Alex who was super friendly and full of the joys of spring telling me there would be no charge for the part. The part had been ordered and I would get a call when the car was completed. I'm away at present but was told that they would keep my car safe until I returned on the 12th Nov. Through all of this issue I have been shown superb customer service and never felt I needed to chase anyone as I was kept up to speed with everything throughout. Well done LR Assist, Lookers at Chelmsford and the Customer Experience Dept.
I should say that when confronted with such accusations as I broke it off so it wouldn't be covered, I immediately questioned what is a Mass damper and where/how is it fitted. I also asked how I could have broken it off as the car is used for towing and not really off road. I also questioned how a part could be attached in such a way on what is possibly the best off roader money can buy, that it could be knocked off at all. Upon investigation I found an old health check video when the turbo previously threw the towel in (Two days after I collected the car) and there was no Mass damper fitted then. So very unlikely that I was the cause but I didn't need to show them.
So 10 days more with the new LWB which has been nice but realise it actually offers me less in the way of boot space than my own SWB version. The twin screen system is ok but no real benefit over the buttons in my car. I really like the extra storage under the cup holders and wonder if this can be fitted retrospectively. Anyone tried?

Post #532868 1st Nov 2019 6:02pm
Huwrhys

I ended up getting my car's mass damper fitted FOC thanks to LR Customer services. Thanks for that.
They managed to get my car sorted within a day so I swapped back over for my own car and realised there was very little difference between the comfort and smoothness after all. The twin screen was nice to look at but offered nothing extra. It seemed a bit OTT for what it actually did. I got the Apple Carplay update which seems much crisper than previously. I now update over the air too which is nice. The loaner also taught me that the black interior isn't dark and depressing as I'd expected but that you don't even see the colour when your driving. Nice loan car but not worth the £70k needed to upgrade.

Post #534320 15th Nov 2019 9:54am
Tinman

I bet SWMBO is pleased you're not thinking of changing You got a cracking car there mate Bow down

Post #534377 15th Nov 2019 5:13pm
Huwrhys

Yeah I know. I’ve just run the in-laws to Devon and back in comfort without breaking a sweat. Such a comfy and capable car. A couple of weeks ago I drove five hours from north Wales to Essex and felt fresh as a daisy when I eventually got home. Very happy with my car. Thumbs Up

Post #534379 15th Nov 2019 6:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1