Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Help needed with Main dealer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Drksde

United Kingdom 
Help needed with Main dealer

Hi Guys, I bought an amazing 2016 4.4 sdv8 AB in july 19 from a main dealer in Hertfordshire. The car had a few issues but they said they would rectify them by the handover date. One of the issues was that the car had been debadged and I asked them to put the badges back on again. They said they would and also have the car detailed.
However when I went to pick up the car, the car was full of swirl Mark's still, and the front badge was on the rear and the rear on the front. I complained, and they said dont worry take the car and we will send out a technician to fix the badges that week.
The car developed a few niggles which the MD was great st fixing, new aux and main battery fitted, and the rear badge they fixed. They did not fix the front badge and I have been given messages saying yes we will book someone to come fix this. I have now been waiting 3.5 months and the sales manager has now bot responded to 4 emails/messages. I have it in email writing that this will be fixed, however I am not sure how to proceed as the badge is still not right. Any advice will be much appreciated

Kind regards riaz

Post #534898 20th Nov 2019 2:25pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Such a cheap and simple thing to fix yet they have seriously Censored off a customer.
Its no real comfort to know all the dealers are Censored . letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #534899 20th Nov 2019 2:40pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

ring up and ask to speak to the 'dealer principle' and then explain to him what the problem is... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #534901 20th Nov 2019 3:25pm
Japseroony

England 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Indus Silver

Such simple things to fix and yet so much of a problem Exclamation

Having suffered at the hands of some larger LR dealers my opinion/suggestions may seem a bit heavy handed so please take that into account when doing anything Thumbs Up

My advice would be to go back and ask for a full refund, don't be put off by the salesman saying it will be ok and they will rectify as clearly they haven't so far! The sale of goods act gives you rights as the customer and is on your side - the DP should be involved and they will offer to put things right which is something you should consider if you feel you wish to keep the car but only if you wish to take that option.

By demanding your money back will get them to take notice and put you in the drivers seat - no pun intended Wink but you need to stand firm and not be fobbed off - good luck Thumbs Up "UNDERSTEER" ----is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" ------is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" ----is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" -----------is how far you take the fence with you.

Post #534902 20th Nov 2019 3:29pm
Bigfella70

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Sorry to hear of these issues and hopefully you will eventually get them sorted and enjoy the car to the full.

In addition to what others have stated, my suggestions are an e mail to the Dealer Principal/ Business Manager. Also contact Landrover Customer Service highlighting the fact that you've been very patient, promises are being broken and you are now being ignored.

I would back up the above with a detailed negative Google review and copy this over to any social media linked to the dealership and even Landrover UK.

This and suggestions from others might just spur them on to finally address all the issues. Current
2016 MY L405 SDV8
2018 VW Golf GT EVO
Previous
2002 L322 TD6
2004 Mercedes R230 SL350
1994 993 Carrera
Range Rover P38 x3
Range Rover 3.9 EFI

Post #534904 20th Nov 2019 5:30pm
LT

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

You have my sympathies.
I bought my used FFRR at the end of September. The damaged interior trim piece I’m still waiting for and the mats and wallet for the manual only arrived this week. I was hassling them at least once a week and got a bit fiery with them last week.
It’s crazy and they were such simple things to sort out.
Yes, contact the DP as stan suggested.

Post #534905 20th Nov 2019 5:50pm
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

LT which dealer did you use?

Post #534909 20th Nov 2019 6:45pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

DRKSDE, a genuine bonnet badge from JLR is approx £80 or 1/3rd of that from Powerfuluk for example... Is it worth the hassle to you? Sometimes its best to say "life's too short!" and just do it yourself! If you feel it necessary send them the bill and see what they say?

Either way, you get your badge fitted and enjoy the ownership experience Thumbs Up Priceless imho Thumbs Up

Post #534912 20th Nov 2019 7:33pm
roberlar

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Couldn't agree more, assuming it's the grill badge rather than bonnet lettering Thumbs Up

Post #534916 20th Nov 2019 7:46pm
chawks

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Alveston Red

You could argue life is too short but why should the dealer be allowed to provide substandard customer service. Says a lot about the dealer who won’t sort out a simple cheap problem when you are spending a decent amount of money with them.

Post #534934 20th Nov 2019 8:45pm
roberlar

Very true and I respect your opinion, however personally I'd rather get a good nights sleep than fret about a relatively minor issue. Certainly I wouldn't deal with them again though

Post #534938 20th Nov 2019 9:00pm
LT

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Dolphinboy wrote:
LT which dealer did you use?

Inchcape, their mahoosive JLR one near Preston. Just off the M6. The biggest dealership I’ve ever seen.

I’m from Bath, but went there as the FFRR was very cheap!

Post #534940 20th Nov 2019 9:05pm
roberlar

chawks wrote:
You could argue life is too short but why should the dealer be allowed to provide substandard customer service. Says a lot about the dealer who won’t sort out a simple cheap problem when you are spending a decent amount of money with them.

Yes, I agree with you entirely, but for a two minute job, I wouldn't let his affect my life.

Post #534947 20th Nov 2019 9:26pm
Drksde

United Kingdom 

Thanks for all the advice. I think I will try and call the dealer principle this week to make a formal complaint and also write to lr customer service. It's the bonnet lettering which is incorrect, I would have to remove and then replace again. I dont see why I should have to do this myself as it was a part of the sales contract. It's more a matter of principle than financial issue. As stated love the car, I upgraded from a 2010 range rover sport, and the l405 ab 4.4 v8 is in a different class .... any excuse to go for a drive lol!!
To be fair, the dealership did provide a new spare key as one had started to fray, they replaced main and aux battery, they provided new leather wallet and manuals, had two new headphones and remote control for the rear dvd screens as the originals were missing ....however these issues were all highlighted at the purchase agreement.

Post #534968 20th Nov 2019 10:28pm
rvbush

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Quote:
The sale of goods act gives you rights as the customer and is on your side

Just for info, it's the Consumer Rights Act 2015 you want and there's loads of giudance on the Which website. Drives:
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue - Stornoway Grey
2010 FFRR TdV8 Vogue SE - Zermatt Silver
1998 BMW E36 M3 GTII

Post #534992 21st Nov 2019 9:18am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>