Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Heated seats no light 2004
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Muzzychris

England 
Heated seats no light 2004

Hello, unusual issue and unable to find any topics matching this. Car is 2004 V8 4.4 M62. Both front heated seats aren’t working. No lights on the buttons when pressed for both seats. Checked fuses with multimeter(both of them). Both of them ok. Checked all connections at seats and all ok. What should I try next. I’m guessing that as the fuses are good this is an issue between battery and fuse box? Thanks Smile

Post #538320 23rd Dec 2019 6:52pm
tj196443

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver

Hi
I have exactly the same problem with my rear heated seats, changed the battery monitoring cable and even swaped the rear switch panel but still not working. They did briefly work for a few seconds after a battery drain but then went off again a few days later which leads me to think it's battery voltage related even though I have a new battery. Sometimes in the morning my front heated seats won't light up for a second or so but then work perfectly fine, have heard it's a battery power thing so you don't drain the battery ie the battery monitoring system turns off none essential items so you have enough power to start the car. Be interesting to see if anyone can throw some light on the issue.

Post #538351 23rd Dec 2019 10:18pm
Muzzychris

England 

Pleased it’s not just me! I had diagnostics running and it recognises when the buttons are depressed then released which makes me think the buttons are ok. I have monitored temps on seats and is registering correctly as passenger is at 7oC and driver is 20oC or so when I’m sat in it. It has me stumped. Even if there was an issue with either actual seat then the light should still activate albeit briefly. With regards to battery voltage it’s had a brand new battery fitted 2 weeks ago so unlikely that is the cause! My rear heated seats work lovely so nice for anyone in the back!!

Post #538354 23rd Dec 2019 10:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1